Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted: Rebuildable Q-Jet Carb.

JohnGrawcock

Corvette
Claret 82, Light Bronze 84, and Black 69 Vert
Does anyone have an old rebuildable Q-jet carburetor laying around the garage that they can let go of cheep? Something around 1980ish vintage preferred. I'm looking for one that I can use to experiment with some internal modifications that should improve throttle response. If anyone can hook me up, I'll be glad to share my results.

I'll look but I think I threw them out. I do have an aluminum Qjet manifold I saw the other day. Try a junkyard there should be loads of them.

JohnGrawcock said:
Does anyone have an old rebuildable Q-jet carburetor laying around the garage that they can let go of cheep? Something around 1980ish vintage preferred. I'm looking for one that I can use to experiment with some internal modifications that should improve throttle response. If anyone can hook me up, I'll be glad to share my results.

I do....would be willing to sell

mdazzo@optonline.net

If I can find it I think I have one off a 454, which would be the larger cfm. I have half a dozen olds quadrajets but the fuel inlet is oriented diff than the chevy.

Glenn
:w

G Winter said:
If I can find it I think I have one off a 454, which would be the larger cfm. I have half a dozen olds quadrajets but the fuel inlet is oriented diff than the chevy.

Glenn
:w
Thanks Glenn but I think I need to stay with the 750 cfm version to keep the air velocity up.

The fuel inlet come in from the passenger side.
:bu

I have one that came off my 77. It looks to be in good shape. I don't have a clue what it's worth though. Make me an offer?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom