Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted to share fresh paint photo's.

Mike2500

Corvette
1982 Silver Blue Coup CFI
Hello again! Well I know it's a few weeks late, it was finished on the 17th of Mar. but the weather here has been on & off with rain but here are they are.. My vette 3.JPGMy vette 1.jpgMy vette 2.JPG

Very Nice, I have been thinking of having my 68 resprayed. So how much does a new paint job cost these days?

i10fwy

Thank's for the comp's and the bigger pic! It ran me about $2,200 and it was well worth it. My wife let me keep the tax returns so I could get the paint and carpet done. I've been a good boy she said! She just don't know... I got some other things on my list like seat covers in mind...:chuckle

Looks good!

Looks good. Just curios if anyone has had the paint stripped prior to repainting? If so, about how much did that cost you?

BBerry

very nice!!!!

Very nice!
Do yourself a favor, put the vette like this in a big balloon and never touch her again! Take alot of work to make her shine like new paint agian :)

Greetings Peter

BBerry they did not need to strip it, all they did was sand down in to the existing old primer coat on the top due to bad sun damage and the sides were sanded through enough to break in to the base of existing. He told me that if the car had some major waves and flaws in the glass that it would need to sanded further but my car was in really good shape besides the 2 front corner cracks. And I just wanted to say thanks for all of the compliments it means alot and it is a childhood dream for me to have this vette..:beer

Wow! $2200??? Would cost at least 3 times that,just to get a decent drivers quality job out here!! Looks great!:thumb

Looks OUTSTANDING....$5,000 + in Chicago....

Our 82 "Smoke" heading in to the booth in a month or so. She needs to finish stripping off the 2+ layers of MACO paint first...

STW
:beer

Attachments

• Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 147
73-81 BST thanks and wish you no pain in sanding.... but it is worth the wait and besides it is going to look like one tuff vette! I love the stance it has in the pic, what kind of wheel's are those?:thumb

73-81 BST thanks and wish you no pain in sanding.... but it is worth the wait and besides it is going to look like one tuff vette! I love the stance it has in the pic, what kind of wheel's are those?:thumb

Wheels are an old (mid 80's) set of Western Superlites (8.5" x15") on 255-60 TAs. My son and I found them Craigslist last year...

STW:w

Well they sure look cool, I was looking for a set of old school BBS mesh style polished with black or gray centers but I can not seem to find any.. When I was in high school I had a friend who's mom drove a 81 with 15x10 rears and 15x8 fronts and ever since I had to have one.

Depending on quality of paint and finish $2,000 is a pretty good number.
Around me shops want close to 5K for a Vette, and that's straightening out the factory crap body gaps and seams...glass smooth Glasurit paint.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom