Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Warning buzzer when using turn signals or hazards

S

SS Racing

I have a 2000 Corvette that I am making into a track car.

The other day I noticed that when I used my turn signals, they did not flash and there was a buzzer sound from behind the dash - maybe in the hazard button area.

At the track I found the fuse for the cigarette lighter was blown (I think I shorted the wire while working on the dash) but the turn signals started working.

I replaced the fuse and the turn signals stopped working and the buzzer started sounding when I tried them. It also buzzes when I use the hazards. The toggle switch is off and nothing in the cigarette lighter. The turn signals aren't on the same circuite as the cigarette lighter.

Yesterday I got the same problem with no signals/hazards and getting a buzzer sound. I checked all the fuses for signals, brakes, hazards and they were all good. Brake lights work.

I pulled the fuse for the cigarette lighter and that didn't make any difference. I guess just coincidence.

After driving for 30 miles or so the signals/hazards started working fine. I drove the car from FL to TX with no problems. This just started a week or so ago.

Anyone have an idea what would cause the buzzer sound?
Maybe that will help me diagnose the problem.

From your description, I'd say there must be a short, but I'm no expert. This little bump will keep this thread near the top so someone in the know can see it.

From your description, I'd say there must be a short, but I'm no expert. This little bump will keep this thread near the top so someone in the know can see it.
My guess is you have Grounding Issues and something is feeding back through other components trying to find one!:thumb
High Resistance,or Non Existent Grounds make Electronics and Circutry................."DO WEIRD SH*T"!!! :D

Check them ALL and go from there!:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

Thanks Jesse for chiming in here! :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom