Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning Lights

U

Uerik

Probably a dumb question but when turning on the car to accessory mode the check engine light comes on and stays on until I start up the car. Is this normal? Provided that it IS normal, should the other warning lights come on and stay on as well? The check engine light is the only one that comes on at all in accessories mode.

In addition, while switching out my instrument cluster I came upon a solid grey wire that looked like it was supposed to go to the warning light panel. If my car still has that stock wiring does anyone know where it goes to with me having to trace it yet?

Does it look like this wire? (It's hanging down beside the center console, just to the right of the ALDL. Click it to view full-size.)

I never did remember where that went.

_ken

HaH hah... :L

Yeah.. that would be the one, except mine doesn't have the connector on it. Actually... I wondered about it cuz it looks like it had a really clean cut, not tearing or crimping or anything. So no idea what that wire is for huh? Hmmm....

I've got my dash apart again for the tranny swap. When I put it back together (soon I hope!) I'll be sure to let you know if I discover the reason for its existence.

_ken

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom