Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

warranty

G

greg

I just bought a "98 vette, used from a chevy dealer. Can anyone tell me what if any warranty or limited warranty I may still have from GM? I was looking through the knowledge base and found two conditions that my car has: The driver seat movement and the brakes,I think the rotors may be warped or have variations because they pulse during slow speed braking. I have the standard 60 day or 3000 mile warranty , but I want to know if I am entitled to any other GM waranty before I go back to the dealer with these problems(so I won't appear totally in the dark)

Hi Greg, you did't state your car's mileage. The original factory warranty expires at the end of three years from the date the car is first placed in service or when the odometer shows 36,000 miles, whichever first occurs. After that, you can purchase an extended warranty from any number of sources. I believe that you will find though, that most Corvette owners prefer the GMPP extended warranty from GM. If the previous owner of your car purchased this plan from GM, I believe that it can be transferred to you. My advice, for what it's worth, would be to purchase some type of extended coverage. The record of the C5, at least so far, would indicate that you are probably going to need it!

I would agree, buy an extended warranty if you can. I had to replace the opti-spark on my 96 coupe after 60 days, my cost was the $100.00 deductible vs $1,100 repair. Is the 60 day 3000 mile warranty you referred to a New York statute? In Arizona, it's only 15 days or 500 miles when you buy from a dealer.

Check with your dealer about getting the extended service plan from GM. There are many different policies to fit ones needs. If you bargin hard enough you may be able to get it for cost. I took the 72 month, 60K, no-deductible for myself and got it at dealer cost. It's a worth while investment.

If you go with a warranty let me suggest 1 Source I have them and they are great. With the C5 and the problems they have you'd be remiss without one. You can contact them at www.1Source.com. Check trhem out.

how much are you paying for these extra warranties? my dealer wanted $2200 for a 5 yr /100,000 odometer miles deal, I think that is pretty steep.

I got an extended warranty and paid $1500 for it. it was not from GM, but it has paid off itself already. It is a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty from the miles that were on my Vette when I got it. In other words I had 36,000 miles on my Vette when I got it in Sept 2001. The warranty is good for 136,000 miles and until 2008. Not bad. I already had to replace the fuel sensors, low oil sensor, A/C vaccum line, active handling/traction control module, and nothing from my pocket. It has a 0$ deductable.

did you get the warranty from the dealer, GM, or what?

I got my warranty from an outside company that I cannot remember their name right now.

$988

I paid (financed) $988 for my warrantee from an outside company thru my GM dealer. It has a $200 deductable and is good for 5 years.
--Drew:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom