Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Washing. How much is too much?

VetteNoob

Corvette
1997 Sebring Silver Metallic Base Coupe
Hey folks. I am still relatively new here but figured this question was worthwhile. My car is currently being parked outside until I can find a better option and everytime it rains I feel I need to wash the car and wipe it with a microfiber. Is this going to ruin my paint if I wash 2/3 times per week? I've never waxed a car before so I'm just using a mcquires quick detail product. Am I doing this wrong?

Hey folks. I am still relatively new here but figured this question was worthwhile. My car is currently being parked outside until I can find a better option and everytime it rains I feel I need to wash the car and wipe it with a microfiber. Is this going to ruin my paint if I wash 2/3 times per week? I've never waxed a car before so I'm just using a mcquires quick detail product. Am I doing this wrong?

Your not doing anything wrong, and you won't ruin your paint. But keep in mind that every time you touch the clear coat (not paint) it will leave a little bit of scuff behind on the clear coat. You may not even see it but it is there, and can be polished out when needed.

Not so much how "often" you you wash, but a lot to do with "how" you wash it. I'm a firm believer in proper wash technique. LLC5 is correct in saying the that each time you rub it (even with a microfiber cloth) you are putting small scratches in the clear coat.

Rather than re-inventing the wheel, we have a good car care section here at CAC you can do some reading there.
https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/care-and-detailing/

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom