Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

water in the gas :( 95' Lt-1

T

TOGAT0MMY

I have a 95 lt-1 with 36k on it.. Due to the fact that the '73 convertible l-82 is in the garage... everytime it rains my '95 seems to get water in the gas.. (some dry gas fixes it.. but i am still bothered by it)...The gas tank has good pressure when I take the cap off so I doubt it has any holes.... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS????

Thanks togat0mmy@yahoo.com

Welcome To The Corvette Action Center TOGAT0MMY!

Make sure the drain hole in the gas fill area is clear of obstruction. If it fills with water, there is the possibily of the water getting into the gas tank when the pressure eases on the system (the fill neck may suck water in).

Hope this helps. :upthumbs

what would be the best way to clean it out???? It looks clear of obstructions.. but may be blocked somewhere down the line....:Twist

thanks Togat)mmy

The entire unit comes out with no problem. I suggest picking up a copy of the GM Service Manual or the Haynes Manual. Instruction manuals are a valuable asset to someone that cares for their own car. ;)

Ken

Tank lid drain

I would try what I do. Being I have had vettes, the other post was right, your tank does not have pressure, it creates a vacuum. If there is any water in the area it can suck it in the tank. I use a can of compressed air, like you get at the computer store. Make a seal with your thumb, and insert the little red tube in the drain, and give it a few shots.....you will know if it is stopped up really bad. You should hear the air under the car exiting the drain tube if it is clear.

RIKO

Also, that can of air is good for a lot of other little things like.....dusting the dash, blowing debris out of of your window seals.....the list goes on.

Not to be an alarmist, but, I had the motor apart this past winter and the fuel lines were disconnected at the fuel rail. I had sealed them off so they wouldn't drip, but they did. In the process of trying to seal the two open lines, I noticed some "gook" in the feed line. Turns out the line was rusted internally. To make a long story short, it took months to get a new line and almost all the lines are no longer made by GM. In the process, I met several people on the internet trying to deal with internally rusted fuel lines. Make sure you get the water out and correct this problem. In the meantime, until you figure it out, I would get a cover of something for the car. The fuel line issue is something that I think will haunt all of us C4 owners in due time. Also, the injector internal parts are carbon steel and easily corrode. I replaced them with a set of injectors that have stainless steel internals so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

THANKS ALL

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INFORMATION....

I HAVE REAMED(?) THE GAS DOOR DRAIN... AND REPLACED THE GAS CAP (PRAYING THE FUEL LINES ARE OK :r )... SO FAR 2 RAINS NO PROBLEMS... I AM HEADED ON VACATION FOR 2 WEEKS SO i WILL SEE WHATS UP WHEN I GET BACK!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP!!!

I WILL POST PICS OF MY 2 VETTES ASAP :)

-TOMG:w :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom