Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

water temp

I'd say 180-200* when moving and 210-230* in stop n' go. The outside temp will also really play a part in how cool the car runs.

I agree with the above posts. The top-end temp will be governed by the fan setting, usually 225-230. I'll also add that the Owner's Manual states that "normal" operating temp is 190 to 255.

Thank you all so much for your replies. I'm not sure how high mine will go. Seems like the few times since I bought it that I have driven it the temp keeps climbing but I haven't gone far enough to see how high. Last I remember I got home and it had gone to about 205. I will have to try it longer and see.

Thank you all so much for your replies. I'm not sure how high mine will go. Seems like the few times since I bought it that I have driven it the temp keeps climbing but I haven't gone far enough to see how high. Last I remember I got home and it had gone to about 205. I will have to try it longer and see.
As Silveradojoe said the fan doesn't come on until around 230, unless you have the AC on and then the fan is on all of the time. You want the temp. to get above 212 occassionally to boil off any condensation that may have developed in the crankcase.

Enjoy your new ride.:w

The fan in my '85 would turn on at 224 degrees. While moving, the temp rarely rose above 195. The fans don't turn on in my '93 until it hits 234 (unless you hit the AC). Enjoy your car! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom