Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Water Wetter

mad47

Corvette
1996 CE LT4
Can anyone give me some feedback on their actual experience with this product. Still running the factory T-stat and would like to reduce engine heat in around town driving.

I Use It

But I can't say that by itself it will make all that much difference. I started to use it along with a different fan, stat etc. I think I've read somewhere in here that some of our members have done that alone without other changes at the same time allowing them to decide if it made a differenece. Try doing a search.

I use it. It works.
Does it work? I cannot give a conclusive answer to that question. But I like "Water Wetter" and have been using it in all of my cars for many years now.

For more of this report, visit this performance site: M3 Tech. ;)

_ken :w

I tried it...

...several years ago and it did lower my temps about 15-20 degrees during summer driving.
However, my run-hot problem did not disappear until I replaced the clutch fan with a flex fan, and we had done EVERYTHING else, prior to the flex fan.
(new engine, shroud, radiator, hoses, belts, t-stat, water pump, clutch fans replaced yearly, tune up...flex fan fixed my problem)
Heidi

I also have to agree, if you are running hotter than normal temps at any speeds / driving conditions, water wetter will only be a band-aid and can not be considered a cure.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom