Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wax on black trim....

Corvette
1973 L-48 Coupe
Any ideas how to get it off?:ugh
I have a '04 Trailblazer that has it on much of the black exterior body trim.I have yet to find a way to make it look better...any opinion here is appreaciated....
Thanks,Chas:_rock

Try using PPG DX330 ACRYLI-CLEAN® Wax & Grease Remover then apply Mothers Back to Black

Thanks!

I will get some and let ya know how it works out.
Chas :beer

Peanut butter or Peanut oil is the best stuff to use....odd as it sounds...

EBVette said:
Peanut butter or Peanut oil is the best stuff to use....odd as it sounds...

I read in Popular Science, I think, some years ago about using peanut butter on black trim, especailly door handles. Something about the oils in the peanut butter drawing out the wax.

People who detail cars have kept this a secret for a very long time...just spread and wipe...removes the wax (white) from all black plastics and vinyls.

I got a Mr. Clean Eraser and it works great to remove the white haze that builds up
on the trim. Give it a try!

Jim

thxbaby said:
I got a Mr. Clean Eraser and it works great to remove the white haze that builds up
on the trim. Give it a try!

Jim

I have found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser fantastic for many, many things -- white vinyl tops, as well as scuffs and marks on door sills. Also, a bit off subject -- try it in your tub/shower! Works great!:_rock

Elaine

I find tire shine to be very effective at bringing back vinyl and rubber colors and it's also very enduring, so you don't have to do it very often. Any good brand does the trick.

I have always heard peanut butter will work or I use wd40.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom