Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wax suggestions ?

misterKTM

Corvette
'93 Black 6 Speed
Any suggestion for what wax to use on the 'glass car ? I've been using rain dance for quite a few years on my other cars, but thought maybe I should check to see if there was something better for the corvette.

Thanks,

Rob
:)

Rob,

I highly recommend the Meguiars Professional Line of waxes or the 3M line. Others also recommend Zaino, but I've had no experience with it. Check out our Product Reviews Database for more information.

car wax

Hey Mister,
We use the Meguiars with carnuba wax product.
Previously on our other cars, and the old paint on 78, we used whatever was handy. With the new paint, we decided to use carnuba wax. It has lasted through several baths, and smelled good upon application, and it didn't make me want to wear the rubber gloves!
Very happy with Meguiars.
Silver

If money is no object when it comes to keeping your car looking good, I would recommend Zaino. I used to use it on my GS exclusivley. It does a very good job of shining the car to a mirror finish. The biggest drawback is that it's expensive, and hard to get a hold of. Unless there is a distributor in your area you have to mail order the stuff, which just makes it that much more expensive.

For the last couple of months I've used Megulars and have not been able to tell the diffrence. And as an added bonus, Megulars is cheaper and easier to find.

Hope this helps.

Jason

I use and recommend three waxes - Meguiar's, Meguiar's, and Meguiar's;). I have a shelf of probably 10 different products of theirs and I love them all. I'm not in the garage right now so I won't remember them all but here are the ones I can think of in no particular order: fine cut polish, body scrub, paint cleaner, quick mist detailer, high endurance tire gel, gold class carnauba paste, wash gel, high definition polish, polishing compound, clay, and a few more I can't think of. I've used everything under the sun and nothing else in my budget outperforms Meguires.

I use an orbital polisher for the cleaner, polish, and wax, everything else I do by hand. If I'm giving any of the 3 cars the full treatment, it usually takes me from about 7am until about 4pm, just in time for the cruising :).

My honest Opinion!

I started using Zaino on my newer Vette and found the stuff to be amazing. I belive it works better on darker colors also. Check there website at: http://www.zainobros.com You can also order from them direct. And "Ecklers" sells the stuff in there catologs also.

On my older Vette, it still has laquer paint (original paint) and I find a pure carnuba wax to be better over top of a coat of Mequairs "show car glaze" polish/cleaner or other light cleaning product. I've also used the Mequiars "Scratch-X" before applying the carnuba wax with very good results.

But for a newer clear coated car I would definatly go with the Zaino system. Lasts long and keeps the car show trophies coming in regularly.

Zaino = :upthumbs

We have the same color ,and on black zainos is the best,it works
best on dark color cars,but its a little pricey but it gives you a deep mirror finish

Len,

Mine is an orbital as well, the other style scare me. It's much easier to get too much heat/friciton built up with the other style - I have no idea what you call them but they usually have two or three small heads.

Check my earlier post to see what I use with the polisher. ;)

- Eric

Re: There is only one word here!!!!

Tanzanite3 said:

Now Glenn, is that your unbiased opinion? :L:L.

- Eric

my two cents worth, use zaino . also the leather condition is very good, the smell is worth the price. stw

Meguiars has done a great job on the Black and Red vettes and at a great cost. They make a great line of products.

c4ever said:
Meguiars has done a great job on the Black and Red vettes and at a great cost. They make a great line of products.

YES - Meguiars does a great on black panit or any color.

I now have 4 coats of Zaino on my 2002 Mag Red Coupe and after the fourth coat, I could hardly concentrate on driving because of the shine coming off the hood! Unbelievable stuff!!

System is a little expensive, but you use so little of it, that a container of Z2 lasts for a long time. I am less than half way through my Z2 after 4 coats.

Stuff is also quick and easy to use - 25 minutes to apply and less than an hour to remove. Hardest part is seeing where you have put it on because it goes on clear. Use the entire system: clay bar, Z2 with the accelerator ZFX, and the Z6.

Only way to go for me. I also like their tire dressing and I apply it with "swipes" - curved sponges.

Does anyone have any suggestions for waxing a black vette with some minor chips/dings? Unless I use a black colored liquid type wax, I have a bunch of white or yellow wax spots stuck in the chips depending on the color of wax I used. Everyone raves about Zaino and Meguires but to either carry a "black" wax to hide my paints imperfections? Or is there something I can use to buff the wax out of the cracks after waxing?

Thanks

RjCjR21 said:
Does anyone have any suggestions for waxing a black vette with some minor chips/dings? Unless I use a black colored liquid type wax, I have a bunch of white or yellow wax spots stuck in the chips depending on the color of wax I used. Everyone raves about Zaino and Meguires but to either carry a "black" wax to hide my paints imperfections? Or is there something I can use to buff the wax out of the cracks after waxing?

Thanks

Here is an old detailer's trick. Wax the car like you normally would and then take a black sharpie and touch up the chips. It's not a repair, it's not a permanent solution, but it's cheap, quick and works.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom