Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wax suggestions ?

Time out!!!

OK you two... enough of that!!

Everyone has their own experiences and preferences. The only thing we should do here on the forum is respect one another.. You both may be the neatest guys on the earth to meet in person, so don't spoil it by cutting each other up!!

Let's go have a beer.. :beer .. on me!!

Anything is possible, the impossible just takes a little longer...EOM

Check this out...

I'm also trying to figure out whether to use a wax or polish on the new paint job when I get her back.

Meguiars has a cool tool on their website that recommends which of their products to use based on your car's paint / age / how much time you want to spend / etc...

Here's the link: http://www.meguiars.com/CarRx.cfm

Have fun!

Barb :w

Barb....

Lesley had her little Black Honda (yes, her other car!!) repainted two years ago with black base/clear.. we brought it home from the paint shop within a day of it being sprayed and immediately applied the SUPER Z1, Z2 and Z6.. It now has about three or four applications of Z2 and looks better than it did when new!
I'm sure other products work well .. however my experiences with the Z product is what drove me to become a distributor.. no-one in our city was supplying the best product on the market!!!!

Not the case anymore!

I've used the Meguiars Rx and have been happy with the products, however, I have nothing to compare to, so I sent an order in for my Z products. I want to see what they can do for my 20 year old paint. Going to start off with Dawn (not my wife:D) , then the claybar and go from there. We'll see.

Guy

ZAINO

I have been extremely pleased with Zaino Bros. products...this from a LONG time Meguiar's user...if you like Meg's you should try the show car glaze (#7) followed by Medallion for paint. I found the initial shine to be near the equal of Zaino but it didn't last...do your own tests and draws your own conclusions...

From now on it's Zaino.

I started with liquid Dawn to strip off the old wax, then used the claybar on the whole car. I can't believe how smooth that 20 year old finish was when I was done! Next came the Z1 Polish Lock (10 min) and the Z5 right on top of that (20 min). After an hour, I removed the glaze and hand buffed the car. What a shine even after only one coat! My swirls and tiny marks are disappearing. The directions say more marks will disappear with each coat.
I'm impressed!

Guy

ZYMOL

The one major thing everyone left out is the flexibility of the paint. Since Corvettes are fiberglass, the body panels flex a bit. The bumpers flex even more... Zymol is made to feed the paint oils to keep it flexible and stop it from drying out. This will stop the paint from flaking off of the bumpers... Zymol is also expensive, but the best deal is one of the sampler kits, it runs $99. It includes 3 four oz. containers of wax... (the most expensive wax it includes costs about 500 for 8 oz, so it is a really good deal) the kit also includes a non sized towel (so the paint won't get scratched), detail brush, car wash, and HD Cleanse (the paint cleaner). I have used it for years and it is amazing... the color of the paint is really brought out. Check them out at www.zymol.com

For a dark colored car I would go with Pinnacle Souveran! I went with Zaino first but Souveran brought out the depth and richness of my paint[03 Ann Red]

yankees1 said:
For a dark colored car I would go with Pinnacle Souveran! I went with Zaino first but Souveran brought out the depth and richness of my paint[03 Ann Red]

What did you use to remove the Zaino before applying the Souveran? Or did you need to?

:w

I have been the Zaino route but now going to Pinnacle Souveran!

97moneypit said:
What did you use to remove the Zaino before applying the Souveran? Or did you need to?

:w

3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner

I went to two auto supply stores yesterday looking for the 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner with no success! Can anyone help me locate some? Or...can I use rubbing alcohol to remove Zaino?

Elaine

GS Diva said:
I went to two auto supply stores yesterday looking for the 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner with no success! Can anyone help me locate some? Or...can I use rubbing alcohol to remove Zaino?

Elaine

Do you have an O'Reillys ? All the stores here have it.

D-Dude, how far will 1 spray can go? Will this hurt anything else...glass, rubber, pets?

I don't like the spray. I get the bottle. I keep it around for a ton on things. It is a very versatile product just in case you haven't noticed how often I refer people to it for more than just wax removal.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom