Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: we are talking some serious repair dollars here

cje

The ABS and Active Handling lights came on about a month ago. This is a 2003 vert with 47,000 miles, given great care since new by both owners. The dealer took a look and for a repair with Electric Brake Control Module $5000. So I read a lot on the CAC forums and found a recommended Vette mechanic near me. He is going to try a new battery and a few other things. I was told today there is only one EBMC in the country and it is $2400 in case we need it. I asked about the others I saw on line and one guy even will repair the old one and return it overnite. The shop said we can do that if it comes to that. Does all this make sense? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

I had a similar problem with my '04.

I opened up the EBCM and resoldered the relay on the PC board. Problem solved.

There are directions available on the web to do this. It's been a while since I did the work and I no longer have the link.

There are a couple of vendors around the country that over exchange repair services.

What fault codes are set?

I had the same problem with mine and also opened it up and resoldered the relay. Fixed my problem. I just googled it and found a video on YouTube of someone doing it. Copied them and it worked. I figured that if it didn't work, that was ok because it wasn't working anyway.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info regarding a repair. I am unable to repair myself but with the information I obtained from you and the internet I knew there may be another way. Yesterday the small but old and trusted auto shop got back to me with great news. They will send the part of the ECBM that needs repair out to be fixed. This place gives a lifetime warranty or as long as you own the car. Then the labor and parts including a headlamp motor, new battery and the fix on the ABS light on will be about $1000. Music to my ears. I do have to leave the car for a few days but they will even keep it inside. What more could one ask for. Let you know when I get it back.

That's a good price. I paid 18k even for my c5 and there is no way I would pay 5k for a part, minus maybe a more powerful motor. [emoji3] I wish I was closer, I rather enjoy working on Corvettes. I could fix the ebcm for free, except maybe some pizza and a cold one! Good luck and let us know how it goes after it's done.

THanks

That's a good price. I paid 18k even for my c5 and there is no way I would pay 5k for a part, minus maybe a more powerful motor. [emoji3] I wish I was closer, I rather enjoy working on Corvettes. I could fix the ebcm for free, except maybe some pizza and a cold one! Good luck and let us know how it goes after it's done.

Thanks superbike1. I appreciate that. I will definitely let you know how it goes. I also wish you were closer. By the way our vettes are the same color, the best I think.

Well picked up the repaired Vette a few days ago. All repairs done, lights and beeps gone headlamp works just fine. Polished her up and we are off for the weekend. You don't know how much you love them till they are gone for 10 days. Thanks to Doug's Auto Repair Port Union Rd Fairfield Ohio. Thanks again to the CAC For your help and advice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom