Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Weathersripping at Funnel over Ac Condenser under the car

jwawhite

Corvette
2003 Anny Coupe
Am replacing the Skid Plate and while cleaning all the road debris, mostly seed like material and pine needles, from under the car, I noticed the weatherstripping between the black funnel and AC condenser (behind the front bumper cover-fascia) is missing on one side and half is missing at the top. I went over to the Dealer and their blow up diagrams do not show this material. Went looking for some, can't find the right size, about 1" by 3/4" by 15 ". Where can I get me some??

Oh, that's what that is....

Finally spoke with a partsman at a Chevy Dealership who clued me in as to what I wanted and how much. The "lid" that scoops air to the condenser over the radiator is called a Module Case. The 3 rubber gaskets that seal the module case over the condenser cost $160.00 and I could have a slight discount on that... think I might try to find a substitute aftermarket? I think one side fell out do to a fitment issue? and the top half from gravity or not installed correctly. I think it helps with pushing air into the fins w/o air escaping out the sides. Have you taken a look to see if yours are still there? ModuleHood1.jpg I believe this is the L side, note the opening? This is a photo under the front cover.

I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure mine is still there. Not sure what to tell you about finding a replacement.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom