Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

weatherstrip recomendation

T

tak

I just bought my complete interior and some weatherstrips from Willcox and these things are as hard as a rock. doesn't seem like the windows will seal good against these. Are all the weather strips being sold the same ? Where has everyone here bought theirs from and do you like them ? I see there are some Latex ones being made but I didn't want to spend that much money.

Tony

I've bought many weatherstrip sets from Wilcox and they were all made by Corvette Rubber Co. You can also buy direct from Corvette Rubber Company using their web site. In my opinion these are the best around. I tried some from Metro once and wasn't happy with them. They were softer but didn't have the correct look or feel of the original. Fred

I bought a new weather stripping for the doors, windows, and top from Corvette Rubber and have been real happy with their products. I have a vert and the seals are not hard.

I bought all mine from Doc Rebuild and am very happy with them...

TAK

The weatherstrips you received were Corvette Rubber Brand. You did not tell me what year the car was but if you are having sealing problems, you might go to our web site and view under repair suggestions on how to re-adjust the door windows.

Most problems with weatherstrips not sealing up can be solved by using this method. This is the same method used from the GM assembly plant!

If you can not read this clearly enough then email sales and request a copy of the PDF instructions. http://willcoxcorvette.com/product_info.php?cPath=1984&products_id=24162

These are top of the line weatherstrips and we never have complaints. You can verify that they are CRC brand by looking for the 1/8” crc logo on them. It is located on the back of both the pillars and the door glass rear. It can also be found on the large back side of the door mains ends and on the t-top it will be located on the outer back side of the section over your head.

You should also make sure the door hinge pins and bushings are good in the car. This will also make a difference on how the door window adjust.

If you need further assistance, email me direct at willcoxcustomerservice@willcoxcorvette.com

Willcox Inc

GM OEM parts fit and work the first time. They are well worth the extra money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom