Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Weekend Corvette Laundry List>>

-=Jeff=-

Corvette
1990 ZR-1
I am planning on getting a bunch of work done to my vette Sunday. It consists of:

New Clutch and Flywheel
Driveshaft U-joints
Driveshaft Loop
Front Spring
Front Lower Ball joints
Hurst Shifter
Lowering kit
Borla Exhaust 2-3/4" Challenge system (off of a ZR1)

It will be a fun Sunday..

Ctfoodguy2000 said:
Sounds like a busy agenda! I certainly hope you have a "helper". Good luck.

Oh yes.. 3 helpers and one of them has a shop with a lift :D

My weekend is going to consist of homework mainly -- studying the wiring schematics and coloring the individual wires and circuits.

Jeff, when you did your dash and removed the instrument panel harness (the one you said I cheated on by not removing when I removed my carrier :L), were the engine and rear body harnesses removed or just unplugged? The original computer plugs and wires are still in the harness, and the digital dash wiring between the ECM and the display will no longer be needed either, so I was thinking of taking them out of the harness if feasible. Is it worth the effort do you think?

_ken :w

Ken said:
My weekend is going to consist of homework mainly -- studying the wiring schematics and coloring the individual wires and circuits.

Jeff, when you did your dash and removed the instrument panel harness (the one you said I cheated on by not removing when I removed my carrier :L), were the engine and rear body harnesses removed or just unplugged? The original computer plugs and wires are still in the harness, and the digital dash wiring between the ECM and the display will no longer be needed either, so I was thinking of taking them out of the harness if feasible. Is it worth the effort do you think?

I just unplugged the harnesses, but reconnected them to the new dash. When I did my conversion I installed a 91 ECM and Dash harness.

If you want to save weight, unwrap and untape the harness to find what is not needed (more work then it is worth in my opinion) then retape and such.

You will need part of the dash harness for the lights, Brake lights, fuel Pump ETC.

I sent you email with an EXCEL Spreadsheet with a bunch of wiring info

Thanks Jeff. :upthumbs

Boy, my homework just keeps piling up! :L

Uhhh, pull the 350,, uhhh,, prep the engine for thenew 406 install, uhhh, install the new 165 ECM,, uhhh then pass out.

-=Jeff=- said:
I am planning on getting a bunch of work done to my vette Sunday. It consists of:

New Clutch and Flywheel
Driveshaft U-joints
Driveshaft Loop
Front Spring
Front Lower Ball joints
Hurst Shifter
Lowering kit
Borla Exhaust 2-3/4" Challenge system (off of a ZR1)

It will be a fun Sunday..

I still need to do:
Front Spring, Ball joints and lowering kit. We could nto get the Ball Joints in time and when I called today they did not have any.

We started at 10am.. finished around 4:30.. The Driveshaft loop took a little longer then planned though.

Also that Hurst Shifter ROCKS!!! It is 10x better then the Kurt White.

The driveshaft loop ain't a problem for me Jeff, but did you ever figure out how to mount half shaft loops?

Ken said:
The driveshaft loop ain't a problem for me Jeff, but did you ever figure out how to mount half shaft loops?

No I did not since they are not required until I hit the 11 second barrier.

There is a guy on the www.digitalcorvettes.com named Arnie that was getting them installed at Alston. You may want to give Alston a call

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom