Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Weird Clock Behavior

gkayvee

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Lingenfelter Blown Convertible
My '02 convertible's clock is haunted or something. Sometimes, not always, it shows a time that is several hours off. It may go for weeks or days showing the correct time, but then "picks" a time it likes. I have a brand new Delco G78 battery, so it's not a power problem I don't think. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix??

Never heard that one before...hopefully someone will have an answer.

Never heard that one before...hopefully someone will have an answer.

Thanks. It's very curious. I suppose it could be just a defect in the radio, but otherwise the radio and CD changer work fine. Never seen this in any of the many GM or other make cars I've owned over the past 30+ years, and no codes to suggest a source of the prob.

My '02 convertible's clock is haunted or something. Sometimes, not always, it shows a time that is several hours off. It may go for weeks or days showing the correct time, but then "picks" a time it likes. I have a brand new Delco G78 battery, so it's not a power problem I don't think. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix??

More than likely a display problem, cracked solder joint on a pc board or the like.

Does the clock reset itself back to right as well? Or do you have to set it back manually?

HI there,

Make sure the battery terminals are TORQUED to 11 ft lbs.

I have seen hundreds of 'brand new batteries' misinstalled and terminals creating intermittant contact.

Allthebest, Paul

Paul, thank you for checking in here....I hadn't thought about torquing the battery.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom