Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Weird display in driver information center

shortnsassi1

Corvette
2007 Victory Red Coupe
I have a '07 with a DIC issue. Whenever driving in sport mode, the display center is set to show the odometer. In the course of driving the display changes to 123456 and back to the odometer reading. Taking it to the dealer was no help - their reply 'we can't reproduce the issue'. Anybody have any suggestions as to what the issue can possibly be? Appreciate the help!!

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 145
Does that perhaps show in what gear you have the tranny? Judging from the pic you attached, 50mph at about 1100rpm sounds about right for 6th gear.

yes it does show the gear I'm in but the issue is that the display keeps switching back and forth from odometer reading to 123456

Does the DIC change to 123456 when you change gears or does it change when you are in steady state driving, no gear changes? Does the DIC change to the gear display when you have something other than the odometer displayed, the oil pressure for example?

Perhaps sport mode on the tranny assumes that the driver wants to see the gear indicator more often than in non-sport mode. Does the DIC do the same thing when not in sport mode?

Perhaps your owners manual can shed some light on the DIC for different tranny modes.

DIC does not change on up or down shift. Nor turn signal usage. Nor braking. Nor accelerating. Have not changed display to something other than odometer. Will try it and get back to you. The only thing in common each time it appears is that the car has been running for a least 30 minutes, running sport for 15 minutes. Thanks.

Hmmm....I too have an 07 and can say I've never had this happen. I also have the HUD. Do you have the Heads Up Display also?? If not, that could be the reason the gears are shoing up in the DIC.

Our '06 is a paddle shift car and I've never seen the 1 2 3 4 5 6 message in the DIC. Then again my car has the HUD.
I checked a 2009 owner's manual via Google and it says the DIC will display the gear selected when in paddle shift mode but it didn't show how it is displayed.

Sounds like a button is either hung up or the contacts are making inadvertant contact every so often. If this occurs only after 30 minutes of driving, then maybe heat related?

I have a '12 GS with the heads up display and paddle shift auto. The numbers in the DIC show what gear you are in. Mine only shows up when I have the HUD in "Track 2" mode and then it occurs in one of two situations when I have the trans locked in the manual shift mode (e.g., you have to shift it with the paddles). 1) I have the NAV system engaged, which takes out the shift indicator on the HUD and shows it on the DIC; or 2) I have been doing some spirited driving in manual paddle shift mode and the computer apparently has determined that I am doing track duty so it changes the DIC to show the trans gear indicator.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom