Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Well Fellows, it looks like I'm getting a Callaway!!!

tnz5106

Corvette
'05 blk/blk coupe '92 red zr1
:WAfter a week of researching these cars, talking to owners, and people who have seen this '87 #2 b2k, even talking to the MAN himself, Reeves Callaway, it looks like I'm buying it!! And get this, they are delivering to my house tomorrow!!!

Long story short, the current owners were taking the car out west to put it in an auction. I talked to them this morning, we struck a deal, so they are going to bring it to me here in east Tn, on their way out west. Can you believe it????

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, read my last post from a few days ago. I won't say what I paid for it, but I will say its <20k. The car sold for around 32k last year.............thanks for everyones help!! I'll be post regularly now, trying to learn all I can about the twin screws...............thanks

Very Cool! :upthumbs

Welcome to Callaway Ownership! :v

Now all you have to do, is divert the truck, to have it shipped to the Callaway Reunion at Carlisle in August! :w

Very Cool! :upthumbs

Welcome to Callaway Ownership! :v

Now all you have to do, is divert the truck, to have it shipped to the Callaway Reunion at Carlisle in August! :w
I was going to Carlisle anyway for my zr1. Now I think I will trailer the b2k and try and get Reeves Callaway or Dave Mcllellan to sign it, or both. Dave drove this car when it was new to some speaking engagement at MTI. Is carlisle a good place to get autographs like this?

I was going to Carlisle anyway for my zr1. Now I think I will trailer the b2k and try and get Reeves Callaway or Dave Mcllellan to sign it, or both. Dave drove this car when it was new to some speaking engagement at MTI. Is carlisle a good place to get autographs like this?

Is Carlisle a good place for this? ABSOLUTELY! :upthumbs

We recently kicked off our "Twenty Years of Callaway Corvettes" celebration in May @ the Natl. Corvette Museum. The NCM was GREAT to work with and everyone seemed to enjoy the event :cool

Reeves and Dave were on hand and signed autographs and I know they plan on attending Carlisle as well. You will find lots of information on the Callaway Reunion @ Carlisle here: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92841

We are the featured Corvettes for the 2007 show and it will be an amazing sight! Glad you are considering attending!

Again, welcome - and please ask all the questions you like :beer

:WAfter a week of researching these cars, talking to owners, and people who have seen this '87 #2 b2k, even talking to the MAN himself, Reeves Callaway, it looks like I'm buying it!! And get this, they are delivering to my house tomorrow!!!

Long story short, the current owners were taking the car out west to put it in an auction. I talked to them this morning, we struck a deal, so they are going to bring it to me here in east Tn, on their way out west. Can you believe it????

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, read my last post from a few days ago. I won't say what I paid for it, but I will say its <20k. The car sold for around 32k last year.............thanks for everyones help!! I'll be post regularly now, trying to learn all I can about the twin screws...............thanks
I did not buy it!!! I cant believe it, but the car just didn't do anything for me! The paint had ALOT of overspray, there was something wrong in the 4+3! When it was in overdrive it was fine, but when it wasn't, it was real jerky, you would have to push in the clutch.

I offered them 1k less than we had agreed on, but they felt that since they were saving me a grand in delivery cost, that I should give them the agreed price, but guys, something told me DONT BUY THIS CAR!!

Anyway, thats all for now, just wanted to let everyone know, I STILL WANT A B2K!!

I did not buy it!!! I cant believe it, but the car just didn't do anything for me! ....

I offered them 1k less than we had agreed on, but they felt that since they were saving me a grand in delivery cost, that I should give them the agreed price, but guys, something told me DONT BUY THIS CAR!!

Anyway, thats all for now, just wanted to let everyone know, I STILL WANT A B2K!!
:puke:puke:puke
GOOD LUCK!!!! Hope for you the next seller hasn't read this thread.

:puke:puke:puke
GOOD LUCK!!!! Hope for you the next seller hasn't read this thread.
I wouldn't of backed out just because it didn't feel right, it had issues............... The paint had terrible overspray, and the car just looked like to many people had their hands on it, plus the tranny problem..................

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom