Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary well I asked this question in the tech section...

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic
C

CLABORN1960

and people looked at the question and said nothing... let me try it here....

I was checking out the Jeg's online catalog, saw this engine and wondered.... would this work in my car? maybe with some modifications?

This is truly ''The Mouse That Roared!'' with a big 454ci displacement, MoTown cylinder heads with high volume/flow 220cfm intake ports and a MoTown intake manifold that out-performs all others on the market, it's one potent package. You get 600 dyno-tested horsepower, and it is backed by a 2-year/24,000-mile limited warranty. Reliability is another one of the important attributes of the hot ''Limited Edition'' engines from World Products. Contributing factors to the engines major power include a roller cam, highly effective MoTown intake, and a big 1050cfm Hardcore blueprinted ''Dominator'' carburetor.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...fier=&categoryId=28673&parentCategoryId=10763

I asked this in another forum and a guy gave me a link to make this motor fuel injected, but the question remains, is this doable?

to install a big block in a c4, you will first need to find a new hood - or hack a hole in your stock one...

www.3cracing.com is a good site for a big block sawp - there are tens of THOUSANDS in that car - and I heard he wants to sell it...

read that oer, ask away :m

*89x2* said:
to install a big block in a c4, you will first need to find a new hood - or hack a hole in your stock one...

www.3cracing.com is a good site for a big block sawp - there are tens of THOUSANDS in that car - and I heard he wants to sell it...

read that oer, ask away :m

i believe that is a sbc

yes the engine is based on the sbc
as for fiting in there
since its based on a sbc it should mount up
as for the hood closing correctly and the oil pan and other stuff fitting i can not say

if the pics is a correct rep of the engine
i am going to say the hi rise intake will not fit
other i stuff dont know

I'm not sure I'd accept this claim about the engine on Jeg's site.......
Compression: 10.5:1
pump gas

Lower octane availability is an increasing problem. You can get the same torque rating, at less money, with a ZZ-502 big block (aluminum heads and all) across the counter from Chevrolet, at only 9.6:1 compression (91 octane), but I imagine the swap would be much more difficult.

swap is going to a bbc, prob a big pain
the other thing is even though it has 9.5/1 its got more cubes
and my l98 has about 10.4/1 compression
i have 54 cc combustion chambers
what u might think about doing is seeing if u can get that engine with out the intake and an oil pan that will fit
then go with a super ram or a mini ram intake

the engine is a small block and I am sure that will not be a problem.... what about the computer stuff? I am sure there are other intakes available and seems like I saw somewhere a cowl induction hood for C4s that had more clearance...

Anything is possible but I would stay with a stroked LT1. You can get the performance you want with minor changes to your computer program to compensate for the engine mods. It would be less expensive in the long run
and would be a direct bolt in without hood changes.

The major problem I see would be in driveability the Cam to get those numbers would be a tad on the wild side for street use and with more power comes more heat. that being said If you can get a lower compression version with a computer compatible cam you could build a version that would pass a quick look as a L98

Check out the builder http://www.worldcastings.com/

If I had a blank check I would build my own based on the Aluminum block
86110.jpg

and stick at 427-434 CI range

FWIW the sprint car boys have been running 434CI small blocks for years and the parts for that combo are well tested.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom