Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Well today i took a test drive in a ZO-6

Mad-Mic

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Redskin Red Coupe
i know this should probably be in the C-5/ZO-6 section but since i have a C-4 i figured i'd share this with everyone....

i got a grin on my face ear to ear! there is a ZO-6 on the lot where i bought mine. 2001 with only 12k in miles asking price is 46k silver on black.... i got a test drive out of them since i bought my vette from them and told them i'd might be interested....unbeknownst to them just not at this time :L The salesman was in his 50's and i turned around on Ritchie hwy nice and easy got it straight then stepped down thru 3 gears shifting at 4500 rpm.....never flat footed it didn't want him to :puke said he hated them cars cause their TOO fast! :L So i took him for a spin down rt. 10 up thru the gears into 6 about 100 mph....he was grabbing the Oh $h|t bar handle....lol :D What a blast! i wish i could of just redlined it once thru the gears and see what she had :bu

BTW this was my first time driving a 6-speed car.....I could get used to it very easily :D

Man i need my microsoft certies :D I'm torn between a ZO-6 and a ZR-1 for my next one. i like the C-4 body though :) maybe in a year or so i'll be ready to start looking again :)

That's an awesome story. :cool I'd love to test drive one myself. Must be such an amazing feeling. :J

I've driven a 01 Z06 and a 93 ZR1! I still think that the C4 looks better than the C5 but whatever. oh the ride of course... I prefer the ZR1, it's much more fun to drive, fells like a race car. I have an LT5 stuffed in my 82 and I like the engine because of it's power band... kicks in real hard at 2700/3000 roms and hang on till 7000rpms, and below that it's civilized and idles smoothly and can be abused all day long without any problem (don't do it on mine though :D)
Paul

well....

RubyRedTop,
i bought an 87 with 32,900 miles from the same lot and bought an extended warrenty that covers everything pretty much cause of being under 50,000 miles. it's called the guardian warrenty here. 3 year /36k mile warrenty. I'm sure they'd offer it on that if your willing to spend an extra 1500 bucks or so but well worth it!

Oh it was an amazing feeling. That was the first time i sat in a C-5 let alone drive a ZO-6!

Warren,
yes i know but i own my own business and i feel it's a benefit to my company to have 2 mcse certified techs. The program i'm taking is at Johns Hopkins University Techinical Institute. heres the list of the certifications i'm working on for win2k

MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator)
MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator)
Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)

i'm a career changer since getting rear ended by a dump truck last may, (1 pinched nerve in my neck 2 in my lower back and a trashed right rotor cuff and i'm right handed) i can't do construction like i used to (only being back 2 weeks since last may and only back to basically prove to my lawyer and doctor that i can't perform the duties i did previously) i had to do something and since i already had my own lil biz (30 home owners and 5 small businesses doing maintence and networks and such been working on these things for 5 years now) going i figured i'd get my certies so i don't have to worry bout back breaking labor work, although i make over $20 bucks an hour as a lead carpenter in local 101. My partner is already mcse certied and working on mcsa now. He's an IT director for 7 hospitals in this area (baltimore) my problem is i never worked in a corperate environment if i want to end up going that way... dream is to work for gaming companies building game networks. I already do some marketing work for 3 of them and always get sent beta games and such....i do alot of things actually.....hahaha :L promote bands to NHRA dragracers.......lol but computers are my thing and i want to learn as much as i can.... after all this i'm gonna take a linux class :)

Inferno,
I gotta agree i like the ZR-1 (C-4) body style way better but i don't think i'll ever get to drive one till or if i buy one :L

Ummmm Rob?....hehe Now i'm dreaming :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom