Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Went for my Saturday morning drive

aboatguy

Corvette
AI head/cam/intake, Vig converter, D44, EM LTs etc
DSC00760.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

Happy car after running in the snow.

DSC00767.jpg

LoL, you are really just trying to get some people upset aren't you? Maybe you should tell us some of your driving habits while in the snow. I'm guessing you can't use much throttle can you? And looking at that last picture, all I can think of is you need some white tires and you will blend right in with the snow.

BBBBRRRRRR!!!! Shiver me timbers!!! I got chills going up and down my spin just LOOKING at all that snow! You're are NUTS for living back there! :crazy

Love that Santa outfit in your avitar, Dawn!:)

Your car is REALLY low in front. I surprised it doesn't rub all the time. Looks great though.
We are having a cold spell here in Palm Springs too. 52 degrees this morning....Brrrr. Had to wear a stocking cap while I sat in my spa. Brisk 71 now. I felt the artic like blasts when driving with my top down.

Ripp 76 said:
LoL, you are really just trying to get some people upset aren't you? Maybe you should tell us some of your driving habits while in the snow. I'm guessing you can't use much throttle can you? And looking at that last picture, all I can think of is you need some white tires and you will blend right in with the snow.

What is your point, I can't floor the throttle in the family car in the ice either! Slow is Smooth and Smooth is fast on the ice and snow. I just got back from dropping my daughter off at a party about ten miles from here and a couple off hundred feet higher in elevation and we must have seen twenty wrecks (vehicles off the road, hitting poles each other etc.) I only remember seeing one car involved in any of that crap and it a big dodge RAM 4X4 was the cause of that cars problem (The dodge was passing people and then started to slide the driver over corrected and slid into the car and they both went off the road.

My point is that a RWD car with a low center of gravity and a good weight distribution does better than the typical part time 4WD vehicle in ice/snow.
If you want to park your vette and drive something else fine. IMO if I have to park the Vette I will dump it and get something else that handles all conditions.

I have to go back and run the guantlet again later tonight to pick her up.

Mike

Larry's Yellow Rdstr said:
Your car is REALLY low in front. I surprised it doesn't rub all the time. Looks great though.
We are having a cold spell here in Palm Springs too. 52 degrees this morning....Brrrr. Had to wear a stocking cap while I sat in my spa. Brisk 71 now. I felt the artic like blasts when driving with my top down.

My airdam drags every now and again, however, it did that before I lowered it.

I was stuck in Coronado for about 7 years. The weather was OK however, I hated everything else about it. The only thing I wanted out of Kali while I was there was OUT OF KALI!

So enjoy the warm weather, I'll take a little snow now and again.
Mike

White on white, I love it! Thought I was gonna get caught in the snow over past couple days, but lucked out. When the time comes I'll be driving mine in the snow, again :D

It's not like C4's and C5's weren't tested in the snow before being sold to the public. Last time I looked Detroit was well north of the Mason-Dixon line. That being said, I do have a winter beater. :D

Why did I lick on this Thread!!!!!!!

No corvette should be driven in the Snow!!!!!!!!!!

If you get stuck your going to have a really fun time getting your vette unstucked with it being lowered.

Thats just crazy.

:W :W :cry :cry :cry :crazy

koolaid117 said:
It's not like C4's and C5's weren't tested in the snow before being sold to the public. Last time I looked Detroit was well north of the Mason-Dixon line. That being said, I do have a winter beater. :D

Every Corvette owner should have a winter beater. :beer

What about the other drivers who could slide into you?

Actually, the C4 in my winter beater….. In summer time, I only use it for road race on Mondays, pulling my motocross trailer on weekends and my wife drives it from time to times.

I had a couple of 4x4 when I was a teen and I’m telling you, I prefer the Vette. When there is a snowstorm, my wife and I do car pooling. We do not drive the caravan, we drive the Vette.

Corvettes have been my daily drivers for the past 20 years. When the car is no good, I buy an other one. My C5 will become my winter beater when I have enough money for a C6.

The Vette is my winter beater and I love it.
SmilySingeDonnutOnCart.gif

coolhandluke said:
What about the other drivers who could slide into you?

I feel more protected in a vette than in some other small cars, well unless a big pickup truck. If it appends, I collect the insurance and buy an other vette.
SmilyTasmanianDevil.gif

I took my daughter for a ride also yesterday...

with the top off and it was 80 degrees. :)

Chetzki

Vette747,
I love the C5 in your signature.
PS Could you possibly use smaller print in your posts. I want to try out my new NASA magnifying glass.

I would be worried about the wide tires. You are trying to push an awfull lot of snow with them. When it comes to driveing in snow I would much rather have narrower tires. That being said, on ice I would rather have the wide tires. Around here driving the vette in winter is risky because you can have 6 to 12 in of snow with little warning.And often that is with 30 mph winds. I just don't think your going to buck any snowbanks with a vette.If the roads are dry[a lot of salt used here]I would take it out if I was sure of the weather. That would mean clearing away 3 ft deep snow drift for about 100 ft just to get it out. :ugh I think it will just stay sit till the snow melts.:( aboatguy, I challange you or anyone to come to NW Iowa and try having a vette for your daily driver all winter long.More often then not your gonna be looking for another mode of transportation.
Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom