Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Went topless today!

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
65 degrees and sunny in Kansas City today - no wind at all, just a beautiful day. Very unseasonable for this time of year. I couldn't help myself, and took the glass top off for the first time. Cruised around my home town of Liberty - my God does it get any better than this? Finally passed another Corvette... I waved but he never even looked my way. I wasn't the only one out today, lots of convertibles driving around with the tops down as well. What a way to end the year!

It's supposed to be like that tomorrow and Sunday in the Mid Atlantic. It's coming our way and I can't wait to drop the top.

:w It was in the high 60's today in Tennessee but RAIN for the next six days.......we just got thru with six inches of ICE now the Rain.....Hurry up spring.....

Thought about it today. It topped off at 54 degrees today. I went for a long drive and it felt great. Maybe tomorrow I will pop the top.

Craig

Not The 62 But...............

I did cruise on the Harley for a couple hours. Tomorrow it's supposed to hit 60, perfect timing, I'm doing a charity run with a few hundred other bikes. Nice break for this time of year, I'll take all I can get until spring.;)

I called my friend today and asked her if she wanted to go riding around topless and I think she got the wrong idea...;LOL;LOL

Mike

60 here yesterday-never thought I would have been uncovering her and taking her for A spin on Dec31st. 55 today but might rain

Ditto for us also. Last day of the year, blue sky & 70 degrees in OKC, OK. Had to drive the vert with the top down. Can't believe the weather.

I tried to take the tops off today (75F and sunny) but the 'vette was too damn noisey! Why on earth did I install that god's forsaken chambered exhaust system?! Oh, my aching head!

One of my models had it worse then me though--she crashed out at my house and snacked on some of the left over 3-bean-scare-the-pants-off-a-Mexican chili my mom brought over to the house 4 days ago. Yep, not the thing to be snacking on at 3 am. Poor girl.

Well, it was threatening rain today, so I left the top on, but what a glorious drive up Mulhulland Drive it was! It was like a mobile car show! Vettes, Porches, Ferraris, and a bunch of vintage sports cars, including a '30's Bentley! And everybody was waving! God, I love driving this car!

photovette said:
... left over 3-bean-scare-the-pants-off-a-Mexican chili my mom brought over to the house 4 days ago.
That's the best kind! :upthumbs

Had my 84 out for a cruise today. Was 50 here in NH. May even get it out again tomorrow. Nice to have weather like this in January. Makes the winter more bearable.

:beer

Topless all day...67 degrees

...got a little chilly after the sun went down...saw LOTS of Vettes...3 SUUHHWEEEET C3's,too many C5's to count and a GORGEOUS 02 yellow Viper :drool: ...everybody waved...not a bad take...

Susan
:w

52 and sunny in Cleveland!!!

Almost 18 inches of snow a week ago and it's gone!!! Took the pumpkin out tonight stopped at Wallgeens and as I walked in saw a Corvette clock that makes a different engine sound on the hour. I Could not resist buying it for my garage. What a great New Years day!!!!

Dang... I've been searching EVERYWHERE for one of those clocks! Walgreens?...I'll check it out tomorrow...

JOE BYRNE said:
Almost 18 inches of snow a week ago and it's gone!!! Took the pumpkin out tonight stopped at Wallgeens and as I walked in saw a Corvette clock that makes a different engine sound on the hour. I Could not resist buying it for my garage. What a great New Years day!!!!

They are not at every Wallgreens so if you have more than one go to both..they are on sale for $20.00.

Weather was great in NJ also. Rare time of year to enjoy the auto. And yes....I too just love driving that car. Have a great New Year everyone...next stop....spring!

What a way to begin the year. New Year's Day was 70 degrees and sunny in West Tennessee. Popped the top and rode for a while. Today is a bummer, the first of six days of rain, rain, rain. Popped a (different) top and went back to the garage to wax some more.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom