Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wet Carpet

UncleBuck

Corvette
2004 LeMans Commemorative Convertible
Went to Corvettes at Carlisle last weekend. On the way home drove the rements of Irene. When I got home and cleaned up the car the carpeting under the drivers seat was WET. Any ideas? I have read about the "udders" might it have something to do with that?

Went to Corvettes at Carlisle last weekend. On the way home drove the rements of Irene. When I got home and cleaned up the car the carpeting under the drivers seat was WET. Any ideas? I have read about the "udders" might it have something to do with that?
check the drain ports for your a/c unit..maybe the drivers side is somehow plugged.......

Attachments

• Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 012.jpg
    Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 012.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 014.jpg
    Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 014.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 67

If you went through some deep water you may have simply gotten water through the roof or from the door sill area.

OR as said above you may have a plugged A/C drain - but unlikely. these udders are cleaned from below the a/c unit. I dont know where???

The plenum udders are located close to the firewall near the master cylinder area. They are (2) thin rubber pieces with a slit at the bottom. The purpose is to drain the vent/windshield wiper plenum.
Place your hand in that area - between the fender and the master cylinder - and clean out the bottom of the rubber piece. you will get a lot of leaves and sticks!!

If these clog they will fill the plenum with rainwater and flood the wiper motor and (possibly) get some water in the cabin.

I check mine frequently, since i park outside near trees.

Appreciate the input. The wet area was not in the footwell area, only under the seat and behind it. I have located the udders on the drivers side and will be "milking" them of debris later today.

Most if not all cars have drain holes on the floor pans that are capped with a rubber plug maybe one of the plugs is missing.

Most if not all cars have drain holes on the floor pans that are capped with a rubber plug maybe one of the plugs is missing.

To my knowledge there are no plug/s in the wood floors.
also I believe there is a motion module there?? - hopefully it is dry.

There are a few places where water can get inside the car on the driver's side. Check this General Waterleak Guide for those locations as well as a remedy to resolve any issues that you may find. Your leak will have nothing to do with the AC as that leak will result is water being found in the passenger's side footwell and surrounding area.

I Took my Convertible Through a Car Wash

Before I get jumped to doing such a dumb thing, my car was filthy and I didn't have time to really wash it. The car wash was a touchless one and as I sat there, I noticed that water was pouring in right at the point where the two pieces of weather stripping come together over the door. If you were going through driving rain, it may have been coming in the same place. By the way that was the first and last time I will take my Vette through a car wash.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom