Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What a difference an air filter makes (was trouble with dealer service)

mick_s3

Corvette
1997 White Coupe
Well, it looks like all my problems are solved (for now). The air filter was definitly not the correct one, because I cannot believe the difference the new one has made. Between the wrong filter and the probably partially collapsing duct, my poor car was not breathing to it's fullest.

The car runs so much smoother, sounds alot better and is a ton more responsive to throttle. I chalked up the sluggishness to the auto tranny, which it felt like it was always in too high a gear.

Memo to self- buy good , free flow GM or K&N filters for the car in the future :)

I am going to call the dealership and thank them for finding and correcting this, after 3 days of listening to me ***** I figure it is the least I should do. I will probably drop them a letter as well.

Here's hoping I have no more problems for a while.

Mick

Ah! The old journey from :hb to :Twist
I'm glad life is good for you once again!

:beer :w :Steer

Want a great free flowing airfilter that will boost your HP? Get a Blackwing! I just installed a BW on my 03 vette and what a difference!!

Always good to hear a happy ending......Many more Vette miles to you.........Air Filter does make a world of diff......:m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom