Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What a dumb mistake I did

Joe8915

Corvette
1990 Blue Steel
:eek:hnoesTypical new owner, or just me. I just had a new power antenna installed. They only charge me $150.00, which I thought was not to bad. Now I just had the antenna brake off again. What I did I had to cut the antenna mask and I cut the dang cable as well. They mention to me if I can find the old cable that cut off, they might be able to splice it together. I has anyone heard of that. I called one dealer and to replace everything its about $350.00:ugh

Hey, shi* happens. Just curious....how did you brake off the newly installed antenna? And yes, the coaxial antenna cable can be patched with the proper fittings. $350 though ... enough to want to tackle this yourself? Not too bad of a job, I believe I have the notes which I would be happy to look up for you if your interested. I think a new motor complete cost me somewhere around $75. Doing some searching of course. Cheers!

Hey, shi* happens. Just curious....how did you brake off the newly installed antenna? And yes, the coaxial antenna cable can be patched with the proper fittings. $350 though ... enough to want to tackle this yourself? Not too bad of a job, I believe I have the notes which I would be happy to look up for you if your interested. I think a new motor complete cost me somewhere around $75. Doing some searching of course. Cheers!

Kids playing football, right as I was backing out of the drive.

When they repaired the last antenna, about month ago. It only took them about ten minutes. The motor work but the cable was broken. I just can't remember just what they did. It sounded like they had to replace everything, but I might be wrong. I mean that was a short amount of time to replace it all. They just told me, that they had to remove the left rear wheel to repair it.

I am looking on line now to see what the total price of the power antenna is. I will keep you updated, if I need a copy of instructioins.

Well I just got the call its going to cost me $150.00 again.

Well I just got the call its going to cost me $150.00 again.

That really is not a bad price to pay for antenna and labor, in fact at that price I would be tempted not to do it myself.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom