Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are you getting for gas milage?

Gas................MPG

I get any where from 20 to 24 mpg depening on how much of my foot I am putting into it...................

I have to WORK HARD to get 25mpg on the road, but with the performance axle ratio and an Auto. I am not unhappy with that!!!!!! intown is right at 19mpg. If I am feeling REALLY CHEAP!!!!! I jump into my Eldorado, and on a road trip I get 30.5mpg all day long!!!!!:L

Smokensparks said:
I always seem to stay around 23 mpg in town and 31 mpg on the longer trips. Going from Reno to SFO and back I got 31.6, and thats at 75 mph through the Sierras.:w
Have you ever seen Ed Carlson( AKA The Waver)?
He has been walking and waving to everybody in Reno since 1974.

on a trip to Clyde, Alberta from Baltimore, MD in my 2001 Z06, I averaged 28.9 mpg and kept the speedo pretty much set at 85 mph the entire trip

Gas Mileage

I have had the same results, I bought my car a few weeks ago in Texas when I was there on Buisness and finally drove it back this weekend to Los Angeles.
We averaged 31.5 and there was a point that we actually got 33mpg (Flat Desert in New Mexico):Steer .
I did the same thing, checked it manaully and even took a Photo because I didnt think anyone would belive me !:v

Man, I guess I am wierd, because I can only achieve about 15.5 MPG overall. I thought vettes were supposed to get 18/28... How is it I end up w/15? It's not like I am driving crazy or anything, just going to work, mall, etc.

if you are looking for that kind of mileage you got to quit the back and foth to work trips, etc. - you will only get that on some long trips - you are a little on the low side for city driving, but not too bad (i.e., 18/28)

I get about 16.5 in the city with the 84 but closer to 26 on long hiway trips.

:beer

Mine was a long Trip

That is the only way I got that mileage... As soon as I came home and started the LA Driving, down she went to mid 20's

IDEA!!:naughty:

Run some hose from the gas tank to my tooshie! This should boost milage by at least 15%!

:booty

74bigblock said:
IDEA!!:naughty:

Run some hose from the gas tank to my tooshie! This should boost milage by at least 15%!

:booty
Dave
Just sell that Trans Am and buy a C-5 for a daily driver you will get better gas milage and you can use the C-3 for cruising :D

bossvette said:
Dave
Just sell that Trans Am and buy a C-5 for a daily driver you will get better gas milage and you can use the C-3 for cruising :D

Craig,

ARE YOU NUTS? What kinda logs you burning in your fireplace????

That T/A was my first new car. I learned how to drive stick in that car. I broke the 150mph barier in that car. I've done unmentionables in that car. I've prob got about 40-45K into it. There is no way I'm ever selling that car. Besides, I'd have a much better ROI on the Vette! It's worth more than I paid for it, and about even as to what I put into it. If anything would have to go.... Unfortuantely it would be you know who (454).

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom