Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: what brand of cleaner to use?

Dads C5

Corvette
1998 BLK/Torch Red Vert,Z06 wheels,K&N,BBK shorty
What type or brand of cleaner to use to clean underneath the back of the vette? Cradle and all? Thanks.

I use simple green for all the grimy areas like that.

cleaner

Thanks for info. Just wanted to make sure I didn't use something too strong.

What type or brand of cleaner to use to clean underneath the back of the vette? Cradle and all? Thanks.

I use Simple Green mixed with warm water and shot with a Karcher pressure washer. Sunshine Makers (Simple Green's manufacturer) makes a pressure washer concentrate, "Simple Green Heavy Duty Cleaner" which they tell me is actually better for that application that regular Simple Green.

If the dirt/grease is really stubborn, I use a solvent applied with a siphon gun and shop air just to the specific, troublesome area. Sometimes I'll add a little hand scrubbing with a Standard Abrasives "BriteRite" pad. I'll wait 10 min, then use the pressure washer and Simple Green.

Lastly, if there are electrical parts in the area, I'll use my air gun to dry those areas.

thanks

I use Simple Green mixed with warm water and shot with a Karcher pressure washer. Sunshine Makers (Simple Green's manufacturer) makes a pressure washer concentrate, "Simple Green Heavy Duty Cleaner" which they tell me is actually better for that application that regular Simple Green.

If the dirt/grease is really stubborn, I use a solvent applied with a siphon gun and shop air just to the specific, troublesome area. Sometimes I'll add a little hand scrubbing with a Standard Abrasives "BriteRite" pad. I'll wait 10 min, then use the pressure washer and Simple Green.

Lastly, if there are electrical parts in the area, I'll use my air gun to dry those areas.

Thanks for the info. I just want to clean the rear cross memeber and around that area that you see when standing behind the car. It's really not that bad but I just want to keep it clean. The previous owner kept it nice and clean and I want to. Is it ok to spray Simple Green on the stainless steel exhaust?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom