Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What cleaner to use on secondary runners/plates?

• Thread starter Thread starter White 68
  • Start date Start date
W

White 68

Looking down into the secondary runners I see alot of reddish/brown residue and tarnish on the butterfly plates ...The primaries are clean...I was thinking of using a long q-tip type stick and some injector cleaner/carb cleaner ....Has anyone used a product they recommend? thanks:beer

I tried cleaning them when I had my plenum off and there isn't much that you can *safely* use in there to clean them. I reached down with my finger wrapped in a rag to clean the walls. To clean the backsides of the plates I used long Q-tips moistened in Brake Kleen.

I'm not saying this is how you should do it or that it is the correct products/method to do. I'm only telling you what I did on my own ZR.

I would be very careful of what you get in the intake system as not to damage the 0-2 sensors.

When I removed the plenum from the car I used brake cleaner to clean the butterflies. When I finished I used water and a rag to remove as much brake cleaner as I could from the intake. I'm going to use Rob's disclaimer on this one too.....have no idea if this is what your supposed to use, but it worked on my Z.

Jay

I used Q tips and lacquer thinner and recommend this method.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom