Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Color Choice If You Ordered a 2005 C6?

Which Color would You Order on a 2005?

• Arctic White

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • LeMans Blue Metallic (extra cost)

Votes: 58 15.3%
  • New, Precision Red

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • Black

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Machine Silver Metallic

Votes: 48 12.6%
  • New, Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic

Votes: 74 19.5%
  • Millennium Yellow (extra cost)

Votes: 51 13.4%
  • Magnetic Red Metallic II (extra cost)

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
My 2005 C6 came with a "Monterey Red" 2006 paint color (special order). It looks fantastic! During the day it is slightly darker red with a deep metalic finish. At night it is a deep dark red. This color seems to really show off the lines much better.

"Life is too short to drive a car the color of pavement".

Carbuff 2004

What color if I ordered a C6

I think Sunset Orange would be nice, but I like Mag Red. Red would be the color of my wifes eyes if I came home with one.

color?

I'm looking to be a first time vet buyer. .....Sunset orange vert looks hot. I was surprised that 20% of 2005 vets were black. What's up with that?

Back when I choose my C5 I came very close to buying a Mag Red. Vert.I love the MY I have but I would lean towards that Mag Red if I bought a C6.

The C6 yellow is "Velocity Yellow" not Millennium. I have not seen the two colors together to know the difference.

Poodle said:
The C6 yellow is "Velocity Yellow" not Millennium. I have not seen the two colors together to know the difference.

Actually the first of the C6's were still millineum yellow, they discontinued MY around May of this year and replaced it with Velocity Yellow, which has more green in the color. We were down at the assembly plant during the CAC cruisefest when they were in the middle of the switch over so we could compare the colors.

Personally I love the MY, don't think I would buy a new vette with the Velocity Yellow, just my .02 cents.

RocketJ

Interesting, I thought they discontinued MY right away. Sounds like the color my son put on his car, it hurts to look at it with the green coming through. I love my yellow and it sure stands out anywhere!

Has anyone found a site with all the colors so you can see the various reds of all the years together for instance. It's hard to know which is which when you see one.

Poodle said:
I love my yellow and it sure stands out anywhere!

Another side benefit of MY is the safety factor, you can see that color coming even in bad light situations. Now if I can only convince the deer population I'll be all set.

I wouldn't count MY out. Lets see how many of the new yellow they sell this year. I wouldn't be suprised to see it back at some point.

RocketJ

I just love my Sunset Orange C6. I thought I would get one of the reds, but after seeing the orange I just feel in love.

I got one of the rare Arctic Whites...

Lucy64 said:
I just love my Sunset Orange C6. I thought I would get one of the reds, but after seeing the orange I just feel in love.
Sunset Orange definately gets my vote.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom