Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What color to paint calipers?

franjo

Corvette
1994 Dark Red Coupe
I need to repaint my calipers. I have a Dark Red 94 vette with ZR 1 chrome wheels on now. The calipers were painted dark red to match the car by the previous owner and now they need redone. Does anyone know if I mix a little black with the red calpier paint if I can get close to the dark red or I'm open to other paint colors.

franjo said:
I need to repaint my calipers. I have a Dark Red 94 vette with ZR 1 chrome wheels on now. The calipers were painted dark red to match the car by the previous owner and now they need redone. Does anyone know if I mix a little black with the red calpier paint if I can get close to the dark red or I'm open to other paint colors.

Mixing paints, even similar types but from different manufacturers, can lead to poor results like peeling, flaking, blistering, etc. Why not mix a very small portion and apply it to something as a test to see what happens?
Maybe you should take a trip to your nearest NAPA or other auto parts store to check paint samples and view the availability of colors in spray can or brush-on form. A hardware or farm supply store might have an exterior rust preventive paint close to the color that you need.
And yes, I would also consider a contasting color (different but subtle and not too wild) which would compliment the whole car, including wheels, etc.

I have a black 94 with the chrome ZR1 wheels, and I used Dupla-colors Yellow. $6 a can did all 4. The can says the paint cures in 7 days, so I'm letting it cure before I drive it. I seen on one thread where someone painted there calipers, took it to the track, and the capilers got tainted with brake dust. It was a lot of work, so Ill let it sit a week before I drive it.

paint

ShowLetter
After waiting for the paint to cure, I think it was worth it.

davec0_17 said:
ShowLetter
After waiting for the paint to cure, I think it was worth it.

I can't see anything!!!

too big

Its bigger than the screen. I cant make it smaller. I hope someone can, or just delete it, its way too big.

What would be a good contrasting color on the calipers for a Dark Red Metallic vette? I thought I could mix two caliper paints to get as close as possible to the exterior color of the vette.

How about a mid-range of color blue, like KREX's 725 Corvette's exterior color

What would be a good contrasting color on the calipers for a Dark Red Metallic vette?

I think a contrasting color would be better. How about gold, like the brembo's ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom