Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! What did the body shop do?

Senator75

Corvette
2004 Commemorative
I'm looking for some help from my fellow C5 owners.

I picked up my 2004 from the body shop today (I did a little off-roading a few weeks back), and I'm pretty sure it DIDN'T look like this when I took it in there. Is there a part missing, like the front air deflector?

I don't remember seeing this scoop before, but I'm kind of surprised if that monster was hiding behind a deflector...but, it's been a long time since I took a good hard look under the nose...

Thanks in advance,
Sen

DSC_0286 (2).JPG

Yeah, there's something definitely wrong with or missing from the front air dam; I can't check my own at the moment, but my recollection is there are three front pieces: once center piece and two smaller 'wing' pieces. I think that 'scoop' piece is normally behind the missing air dam piece.

If you can find another C5 (say on a used car lot or a parking lot, take a peek underneath and hopefully it will show you what should be there. If you experienced an off-road excursion, it could be responsible for the missing piece(s). It sounds like the body shop either didn't complete the repairs or didn't research all the necessary parts well enough to know they hadn't completed it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom