Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do yall pay for insurance

1987Silvervette

When I walk in State Farm they give me a soft chair and a glass of coffe and ask to polish my shoes...LOL...or NOT. They are raping my eyes out. For my 2003 Harley that has full coverage and my 87 vette that jsut has liabilty I am paying about $450 a month. It will decrease to about 220 for full on both in april when my last wreck goes off my record. I am 19.. And both vehicles are paid for............so either i am blind and not seeing something they are seeing or just stupid!

I was woundering how much yall pay for coverage???

Sounds like you should shop around.

male 31 single
no accidents or tickets

2002 Sebring Full coverage $500 deduct
1972 Corvette Coupe Full coverage $500 deduct <7,500 miles per year

The Vette is paid for, the Sebring is not.

$160/month in Maryland

One thing to watch out for... See what level of coverage you have, and what the state minimum is.

Lets say the state minimum for PIP is $20,000. Sometime the insurance co. will sign you up for $40,000. This raises your rates of course.

It also depends on your drivers record and age. If you have a good record, you can get full coverage for a few dollars more than liability.

-Gööney0

Well, maybe you are blind and stupid. Just messin' with ya'. I have an 01 Harley Fat Boy and an '86 Vette Coupe. Together for full coverage (this is much more than minimum) I pay about $50 per month. The bike runs me 186/year and the Vette runs me 398/year...just paid them both. Maybe this is partly due to being 38 years old, 21 years of perfect driving record...plus I live in Southern California so we don't worry about snow and ice etc.......hope you can find a better price.

Edited: Just took a quick look at my policy for the Vette...I just paid it and noticed that it actually went DOWN again....it's 180.90 every six months....so 362/year...and my coverage is 25K/50K with 500 deductible.
548 for both vehicles annually or $46/month. :)

Well, I am here in VA, in the Norfolk area. I just added the Vette to my policy about 6 weeks ago. It added $600/year to the bill, on top of what I pay for my 2003 Kia Sedonna (wifes van) and my Mits Mirage (my 16 year old drives this now, since i have the Vette!!) I am 41, have no driving infractions for the last 20 years, good driver rate, and the Vette is FULLY covered (50/100, $50 ded), plus has towing and rental car coverage. Considering when I had my Nova, it was about the same, I really cant complain. The Nova was "actual cash replacement value" since I had done a restore on it and had all the receipts. The insurance company just wanted pics of the condition of the car since it was a 74. Never took it to them and showed them since it was built for speed (350/350 HP, gears, tranny, etc). Didn't need the extra hassle of having a street racer.It may depend on where you live, but for your age, it doesn't seem to bad right now.

Your age is killing you in this situation. Under 25 with a big bike and you get a huge rate. The corvette doesn't help much either.... Check around.... If you get insurance through Harley/HOG it may help. they can insure the 'vette too.

I'm currently paying over $2k (around $2300) for a 2000 Jeep Cherokee, and a 1971 LT-1. The LT-1 is actually 100-200 more than the Jeep with Metropolitan.
I've been seeing a lot of advertisements recently for Hagerty's so I thought I'd give it a look. They recently quoted me $257.00 for $35K worth of coverage for the LT-1.
That would save me about $1K per year, so I'm going to jump at it. Anyone have any experiences good/bad with Hagerty's or similar types of insurance companies the insure older/classic vehicles?

Very cheap here. $278/year (about $200US) for everything including 100 decuctable for collision and 25 decuctable for comprehensive. $15,000 coverage.
Beat that...

WOW that's cheap RJS, I pay $833 year.

Hey wait a minute here everybody needs to understand where you live. There is nothing to hit or colide with up there, is there.... ;LOL

RJS lives way up in the boonies. Try to get those prices in Toronto, I am just outside of TO and thought 833 was pretty good.

All in fun RJS
Mart

1987Silvervette said:
..................when my last wreck goes off my record. I am 19.. ............
19 years old..........how many wrecks have you been in.................can't be many cars on the road in Louisianna!!!:(

2003 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4X4 - Full Coverage

1987 Callaway Twin-Turbo - Full Coverage

$525.00 every six months for both

I didn't see the part about the wrecks! Then he goes on to ask if he's "blind and missing something" ...well apparently......he doesn't see the other vehicles on the road very well..does he? :)

$175 per month: 97 Blazer, 2001 GMC Sierra three-quarter ton; 75 Vette. All full coverage.

My husband takes care of the Harley, et al.

03 Toy Tacoma 2wd xtnd cab P/U Full Coverage (my daily driver)96 Honda Civic 4dr (wife's driver) no collision
85 Vette (My pride and joy) No Collision

but I have 100/300/50 Liability
500 ded on the collision on the truck

and I only pay $786 every six months here in SC.
A year ago in New Jersey, without the Vette on the policy I was paying $1185 every six months.

Part of the country also is in the formula.

I have no wrecks or no tickets i jsut have 2 claims in the last three years both together totaling 1200$. i wanted to pay them outta pocket but this option was not avalable to me due to the people i was dealing with!!!!

I have just insured my 77 Vette with Hagerty. Many serious collector friends recommended them. I must say that they are extremely professional and nice to deal with! You set your vehichles value (with underwriters appr.) full collision/no deductible, appr 3000 miles per year use/year round- $161 per year. Check out they're web site hagerty.com and do an online quote. Good luck!

Guys- A few things regarding Hagerty's. I called them regarding my '86 with 84K miles on it. They told me that I would need another vehicle as my primary vehicle.. and my Harley doesn't count even though I put more miles on that annually than I do my Vette . Also....since I own a condo....they won't insure it unless I garage it elsewhere. It needs to be garaged where the public doesn't have access to it. We have numbered,reserved,underground parking spots here but that wasn't good enough for them.

They told me that C4's were so mass produced and are not holding their value and this is one of the reasons that they consider them more risky and are tougher with regards to issuing policies. Just a little food for thought.
To summarize, they told me that if I went out and bought a cheap car, threw cheapo insurance on it...then rented out a private parking spot somewhere...they would insure it for 12K value. The price would've been $178/year with 100/300 coverage and no deductible.
I'm only paying $362/ year now with same coverage....not worth buying another vehicle/parking spot/insurance etc......

I have a 1995 coupe, I'm 22 years old and live in South Carolina. Insured with Allstate. This is my third Vette in about a year and a half. I had an 86, 87, and now the 95. All of the cars were in my name, however, were still listed on my father's insurance policy. For the 86 and 87 I paid $52 per month for full coverage, and for the 95 I pay $68 per month.

That said, without being on my father's insurance policy, I was looking at about $6300 per year.

Brett

Again, it is more probable that the Harley is causing the high insurance... much more so than the 'vette. Under 25 years old with a big bike and you usually get a very high rate. Insurance companies rate bikes on engine size and not HP. if you have a big twin (1450CC's but only 60HP) you are in the same class as a crotch rocket that can go 200mph... the crotch rocket guys tend to have a high crash rate too, as they tend to be more for speed and less for cruising. Check out HOG, or a more bike friendly insurance company. they tend to do a better job at rating harley's in a different category than the sport bikes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom