Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you guys think......

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #3010

Attachments

• PCH1.jpg
    PCH1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Starbucks.jpg
    Starbucks.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 173
Jay,

First, find out what "extensive modifications" means. I don't know that much about Rogers other than what I've heard which has all been very good.

Find out who did the "extensive modifications" as well. There's not a lot of people I wouldn't trust doing "extensive modifcations" to an LT5 engine.

If you get the information and you get serious about it, let me know. Try and get me the vin number and I can check around and possibly find someone down there to check it out for you.

[Edited by Rob on 12-08-2000 at 08:55 AM]

Nice looking Zee from the pictures. Find out more about the car, Vin # etc., and take Rob up on his offer to check around!
If anyone can find out, he will! :D

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1461706187371.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461706187371.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 180
  • 20160905_201915.jpg
    20160905_201915.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 158
Rob said:
Jay,

First, find out what "extensive modifications" means. I don't know that much about Rogers other than what I've heard which has all been very good.

Find out who did the "extensive modifications" as well. There's not a lot of people I wouldn't trust doing "extensive modifcations" to an LT5 engine.

If you get the information and you get serious about it, let me know. Try and get me the vin number and I can check around and possibly find someone down there to check it out for you.

Hey Rob, thanks for offering to find some info. I'll get that Vin# as soon as I can. I was talking to David Jr. over at Roger's and I asked about the "extensive mods." (I was thinking bigger cams,etc.) From what David was telling me, he said there was no internal "motor work." The car has a bunch of little bolt-ons....K&N, chip, possibly a ported intake(he wasn't to sure on that though..). It also has Watson headers into Borla's with a 4.09 gear! That's what really got my attention. David also told me that they know the 2 previous owners of the car, and that both guys are vette enthusiasts and have purchased cars from Rogers in the past. Hmmmmm....we'll see what happens. The car's been there for a few months now and I've noticed that the ZR's are not fast movers over there because I've seen a few of the same ones for months now. The problem is financially, I won't be ready for about 2 months.....I'm crossing all my fingers that it will still be there:)

Jay

Attachments

• LEFT SIDE.jpg
    LEFT SIDE.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 162
:) Hang in there!!! I know how you feel! I was there before I bought my ZR.

When you find out the VIN, let me know. No rush.

Attachments

• 300hpLT1.jpg
    300hpLT1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 163
  • CornerShot001.jpg
    CornerShot001.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 169
GS Bleeder Ragtop

Anyone notice the GS ragtop in the background of Jay's pic? :)

Good luck on the ZR-1 Jay. I wish I had seen that when I was looking for a 'Vette my self. Tripple black was exactly what I was looking for. But I love my GS so I guess it all worked out for the best. :D

Thanks Twiget:) That GS is nice! He has another one with 11 miles!! He truly has the ultimate showroom....his 69 ZL-1 is just another one to gaze at. Yeah...I'm hoping this will work out. It is everything I'm looking for. I love the GS's as well, but those are still carrying a pretty steep price tag, & I can't quite go that high.....:)

Well, I got the bad news today. I emailed Rogers Corvettes in Orlando to get the VIN# of the '92 ZR-1 that I've been looking at, and David Jr. got back with me right away to tell me that they sold the car this afternoon:(:(....Well, I guess it's back to the drawing board......

Sorry to hear that Jay. I know that feeling all too well too. Before I bought mine, I had called about a couple other ZRs. The more that I talked to the salesmen, the more I got my hopes up, and got psyched that this was finally the Vette for me. Then you get that phone call saying, "Sorry....some guy from Buffalo just flew in and bought the car." Nothing like having your baloons burst. Hang in there! Something will come around. Have you been checking out Hemmings Motornews?

-Rob

Actually Rob I have not seen Hemmings Motornews....could you possibly reply with a link??....As for now, I've decided to just save my a$$ off and keep pricing out cars(ZR's)....The next large Corvette show that I will be attending won't be until Funfest next year, so as long as I have something by then, I'll be happy:) Thanks for the reponses:)

Jay,

Go to our Links Page here at CorvetteNH.com and look under Magazines. Hemmings MotorNews should be listed there. You can also find them at any major bookstore/magazine chain store. It's a large thick (real thick) book that's published once a month.

-Rob

Jay,
Get a subscription to Hemmings. I't cheap and well worth it.
Mike

Jay,
Sorry to see the ZR-1 was sold :(

"Corvette Mike New England " in Plymouth, MA is just a few miles from my home. He sold a few good ZR-1's last Summer!
Here's a link to his Site: http://www.corvettemike.com/index2.html

Watch his inventory, and if you see anything that interests you, I'll be glad to take a look at it for you.:D

Thanks Steel....I will definately keep an eye on the inventory. I might someday take you up on your offer:) Thanks again!

Jay

Hang in there,Jay. The right car will find you when you least expect it. I speak from experience.

I live in the Tampa Bay area. I have a ZR 1 with extensive mods. Butchered the first time done right the second. I think I have seen the worst to the best. I would be happy to look one over for ya if you find one around here.

Robin
90 b/b

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom