Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Do You Like Best About Your C5

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
For me it's the styling. One item that stands out is the steep rake of the windshield. It gives
the C5's a more dramatic appearance. And I still love those closed headlights. Just my thoughts.
How about you?

2721145520103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Best

Styling, stance, rear hatch of the coupe, closed headlights, top off, red brake calipers, chrome Y2K wheels and that back end which makes a different statement for everyone), but best of all 22-25 mpg consistently with 28-30 mpg on the interstates, (I'm lucky to be within striking distance of an ethanol free gas station). I guess I like the whole darn thing!!!

Just a few fuel saving tips;

Add one pound of air to your tires.
Burn ethanol free gas if you can.
:mad Hot launch only when needed.
Drive 5 mph slower than usual.

You'll be surprised how it adds up.

Keep 'em rollin' :W

Bill :w

It's paid for and it has a big a$$.:happyanim:

Remo,

Being that it was Guy, and yourself, that really got me to thinking about selling the 81 and getting the c5,I have to agree with you about the styling, and concealed headlights.

I also love the room, comfort, power yad, yada, yada. too much to mention.

Ken:L

C5's

It's difficult to narrow it down. I like everything about this C5. The proportions are just right and I'm just a sucker for the hidden headlights.

I like the smooth power curve...

the fact that it looks like it deserves a speeding ticket even before you turn the key, the rumble of the exhaust, the magnetic red paint....but most of all the smile on my wife's face when she takes off and goes through the gears. Yes she drives it as much or more than I do. She helps pay for it and babys it over every bump and around every pothole so I am glad she enjoys it.

I really like the interior room. The wife and I can pack for a two week trip in the car...and then go do the two weeks.

For me it's the styling. One item that stands out is the steep rake of the windshield. It gives
the C5's a more dramatic appearance. And I still love those closed headlights. Just my thoughts.
How about you?

I'm with you, when I first saw a C5 live (I believe it was in late 1996) it just stopped me in my tracks. I think it's right up there with the mid years for styling achievement.

Throw in power, speed, available 32 mpg, and you have a definate winner.:)

The C5's Tail

I know there's been some controversy over the years about the back end of the C5's.
I think the styling engineers did a nice job. The subtle treatment of the upper edge giving
the rear a mild air spoiler was well done. The four tailights present that classic Corvette
look that's recognizable by nearly everyone. And finally, the lower air vents offer both a
functional feature as well as a very tasty styling effort.:cool

2437881660103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

It was everything I wanted in a automobile. . . Everything !

How about you?

Just the fact that it looks like it deserves a speeding ticket even before you turn the key, the rumble of the exhaust, the Anniversary red paint....

Even stock, it looks fantastic. I often in the winter go out to the garage and just sit in her. She's the one and only ! :w

Everything!

I like the way it still feels like a brand new ride everytime I get in the car!

04 Z06 w. Z16.:thumb

Have got to agree with Hib 100%!!!

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition is probably the best looking "package" the General ever put on a Corvette, and it oh the way it pulls in 3rd and 4th gears...

Educate me.

'w. Z16' What is this option? And what are some of the most sought after options on a C5 build list.

I like the look, the interior, the comfort, style. I like it all. Plus it's the Best Looking Corvette made. :thumb :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom