Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you think about this proposal

don7790

Corvette
2013 vy 427 vert
I received my official letter from GM today and they extended my warranty on my engine for 3 years 100,000 miles.Did some major complaining about a noise I have which they considor normal piston slap but I know better.This noise I have comes on about 3 min after starting and goes away after about 6 min.If it were piston slap it would be at its worse on initial start up and diminish as it warmed up.Argued with the rep and service manger.With the teflon skirts and the fact that it doesn't make a noise until 3 min into warm up it cant be piston slap.The problem I have with this is that it is not transferable.Has anybody got the extended warranty and were theirs transferable?

I had a GMPP extended warranty, and it was transferrable (for $50 fee).

If the deal they gave you were transferrable, that would be great. I think I would still be happy that they would offer any kind of extended free warranty at all. I wonder why they felt like they needed to do that? (I doubt it is just out of the goodness of their hearts....oops, I think I'm being pessimistic again).

Tammy

Well being in the business they give the warranty mostly because they believe in the product;) and that they are proven. most drivetrains these days could go 300,000 miles with a little tlc . This is not to say there will not be failures and i see them but fairly far and few between given the fact that all i see are cars with issues,not very many considering the amount of vehicles out on the road.So on the outside chance the customer does have a problem they are willing to particapate .This is also why they now are offering 100.000 mile warranties for new cars. Don't get me wrong on this post because I really have no love for G.M. and how i am treated at the bottom of the food chain :puke

Just bought the GMPP Major Guard 60/40/00 and dealer said it was transferable....didn't say it would cost fiddy bucks but it wouldn't surprise me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom