Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you think this 66 is worth?

Whiplash

Corvette
71 Kandy Burple Conv / 02 MY Z06
I'm in the market for my next project car. I'd like to do a Resto Mod Mid Year so my goal is to find a decent mid year, non numbers matching to get started with. Even these types of cars beg for serious money.

I found a car near my home. 1966, 4spd, Convertible, am/fm, AC (missing from car), no documentation.

The car was originally Sunfire Yellow but is now White with black stripe on 67 Stinger. Interior is very good, not quite excellent but very good. Top has minor separation at rear window, (probably needs to be replaced), frame is rock solid, suspension and undercarriage very good condition.

The problem I have with the car is that the front end is a one piece front end without the headlights. The lights are mounted behind the grill. The turn signal lights are shaved off. The motor is a rebuilt 350 from somewhere else in time. Riding on standard ralleye rims.

Whoever did the work on this car did an excellent job with the mods. It's very clean, straight and solid. The work was done by someone who knew what they were doing.

So my question is what is this car worth? I know site unseen and all the caveats. I get that you can't be specific without actually seeing the car. I'm just looking for a range of "reasonable" starter cars. Considering there's probably $5k worth of work just to put the headlights back right not to mention the painting required afterwards etc.

Asking price is $28.5K (down from $32K). I'm thinking the car is worth more like the low $20's. Any advice anyone can share on getting my brain around pricing for already modified mid years would be appreciated.

Here's a link with a pic of this car

1007-01a.jpg

I'm in the market for my next project car. I'd like to do a Resto Mod Mid Year so my goal is to find a decent mid year, non numbers matching to get started with. Even these types of cars beg for serious money.

I found a car near my home. 1966, 4spd, Convertible, am/fm, AC (missing from car), no documentation.

The car was originally Sunfire Yellow but is now White with black stripe on 67 Stinger. Interior is very good, not quite excellent but very good. Top has minor separation at rear window, (probably needs to be replaced), frame is rock solid, suspension and undercarriage very good condition.

The problem I have with the car is that the front end is a one piece front end without the headlights. The lights are mounted behind the grill. The turn signal lights are shaved off. The motor is a rebuilt 350 from somewhere else in time. Riding on standard ralleye rims.

Whoever did the work on this car did an excellent job with the mods. It's very clean, straight and solid. The work was done by someone who knew what they were doing.

So my question is what is this car worth? I know site unseen and all the caveats. I get that you can't be specific without actually seeing the car. I'm just looking for a range of "reasonable" starter cars. Considering there's probably $5k worth of work just to put the headlights back right not to mention the painting required afterwards etc.

Asking price is $28.5K (down from $32K). I'm thinking the car is worth more like the low $20's. Any advice anyone can share on getting my brain around pricing for already modified mid years would be appreciated.

Here's a link with a pic of this car

1007-01a.jpg

I am not a C2 guy, but I also know what I like, don't like, and what it will cost for repairs/mods back to stock.

20k tops. That is all I'd pay, and it isn't enough.

That car is nice, however, it is a custom and therefore someone really has to like it the way it is in order to buy it. What was customized is really contemporary. It isn't like 67Heaven where the mods speak for themselves; you really have to have a penchant for the lights on this one! Besides, the front and rear fenders don't match. It looks a bit off with rounded front fenders and then stock rears.

I'd avoid it. It will take a lot to get it where you want it, which is more original than it is right now. It needs at least 10k to get to where you want it.

there is another post here that has links to a couple on ebay now here is the better of the two
click here

I was just digging around and saw this one too. It's actually a color I like with most of the body mods I'd like to have. York PA isn't too far from me either. The add mentions a soft spot in the frame. I'd have to see it in person. I was thinking of doing a "Paul Newman" type frame with C4 suspension and LS motor w/5 speed. I have to learn more about these frames to see if the frame on this car would be solid enough for the mod.

Thanks for the link. I'm wondering how much this will go for.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom