Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what do you think?

It's interesting, but I'd need to verify the information in the description before making a final call. My gut reaction is to pass on this.

This car has been listed before. If memory serves, at that time the seller was asserting it was a factory original convertible, one of only nine produced. He continues to mention "the convertible line" at St. Louis which, of course, never existed.

Nice work, but I don't see how it could be titled as a convertible with the factory sport coupe code in the VIN.

Not my cup of tea.

:)

My big question would be is the car braced to be a convert? If extra bracing was not installed the car will have a bad case of the shakes. Corvette "numbers" guys will consider it a cut up car even with docs. Treat it like any modified Vette, price is already on the high side of what it's worth IMHO.

I remember this car coming up on eBay before. I asked the seller who the 'NCRA' was, never got an answer. :D At least it's not being offered as a factory convertible.

I don't know if C3 convertible's had extra parts to stiffen up the chassis, but without a roof and a normal chassis I don't think this will be the best car to take some good corners. Of course the hardest work has already been done. If this is your cup of tea think about putting an x-brace under the car like the C4 convertible has.

Groeten Peter

for 8k, it's a rag top C3 body that runs and drives..everything else is gravy

If you like it, go for it. I'd walk away though. Someone once wanted me to sell them my 82 CE so he could turn it into a convertible. He was a repair shop owner. Too risky, but for the right price?!?!?

I like it. From the limited pictures it looks well done(why are there no pics from under the convertible top lid?) I bet this guys reserve is extremely high and he will never get what he wants for it.

Dont know if the story is true, but I like how it looks. Makes a great looking convertible! Have to see/drive it before I would but it.

I agree. I think it looks good and the conversion works appears to have been a good job. Just the same, I'm gonna pass.

Ditto on NCRA. I couldn't find an NCRA reference which was Corvette related.

:)

I am going to agree with all the above.
Driving: Even if it were a "factory " job, it would have the shakes as noted above since the majority of the strength comes from the roof. Some factory cars are not all that reinforced.
Investment: If it were a factory car, it would be worth a ton and would not be on ebay.
SO most observers feel that it is a "home" job - probably done in a so-so fashion. since it will eventually rain, a roof will be needed - what does it look like/fit?
Also it has a reserve, you dont know where it will go.;shrug

Nice looking but I would pass also.:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom