Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what do you think

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Since I just added a 150 shot to my Z and she pulled 11.4 in the quarter, think I should add a 150 to the Callaway also. she's putting out around 425HP at the flywheel and I know she wasn't designed for the drags, but it would be kind of nice to try her at the drags with 575 ponies behind her:t

Well with the 383 , she can certainly handle the 150 shot with no problem. the "Z" on the other hand should not have that much without lower end work, so I might be dropping her back down to a 100 shot. figured I would try the 150 in the "z" to see what I could get out of her, when this bottle done I moving her back down

I think that's pushing your luck...

I recommend that you stick with no more than a 100 shot on the Callaway. I'd really hate to see you blow it up. Is this a wet shot or a dry shot you're talking about?

If you must go with the 150 do yourself a favor and get it to a dyno that has the wide band O2 sensor so you can get some good air/fuel ratio readings while you're juicing it. I'd hate to see you go lean and burn a piston. You should probably also run a window switch and other safety features. I'm no expert so I won't even attempt to go deeper than this.

That's just my opinion. I'm not running it so I only know what I've read and heard. You may want to consult some experts.

dry system, the Z has a window switch, 3000 on, 6000 off.The LS1 system also has a fuel pressure cutoff, meaning that if the fuel pressure is not what the sensor should be reading it won't allow the WOT to activate.It's a WOT system which I think is the best. Probably just can the idea of a NOS on the Callaway, after all that's really what I got the Z for to begin with:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom