Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you think?

Kevin Doyle

Corvette
1996 white LT4 gs wheels
I have a arctic white 96 lt4. It has black gs wheels.I was thinking about changing the center caps and nut covers to chrome.I like the hot rod perf. look.But what do you think? Thanks Kevin.

I've got black chrome GS replicas on my CE. 9.5's on the front and 11's on the rear. They came with polished aluminum center caps and chrome lug nuts. At first I didn't think the chrome/polished cap would look very good but after I received them I think they look pretty good. The black chrome wheels go pretty good with the silver color of the car. I'll have to get some pics to post for you.

:w
G

Here are a few pics of my wheels.

Whole car.

DSCF0123.jpg

Rear wheel close-up.

DSC02150.jpg

Depending on the angle and the lighting sometimes the wheels look more black ... other times they look more chrome.

399KIF_0508.JPG

Kevin, I have a black LT4 with the black GS wheels and chrome centers/caps. It looks good on mine because it breaks the black a bit. I'd have to see your wheels on the car to give you a good opinion but I think ALL black wheels may be a bit much...unsure.

Very nice there stgry1 :upthumbs

Hard to say with the white body, all black would look good also.

My gs wheels are the ones with the thin polished edge around out side.I have wondered If they are gm or reproductions,anyone know how to tell the difference? Thanks Kevin.

Kevin Doyle said:
My gs wheels are the ones with the thin polished edge around out side.I have wondered If they are gm or reproductions,anyone know how to tell the difference? Thanks Kevin.

Well mine are AFS. I believe the thin lip is the GM OE wheel.

Had to adjust the size, sorry for the intrusion.

By the way, I have black chrome powdercoated my factory wheels and maintained the chrome center caps and lug nuts.

Desktop.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom