Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you want to see in the C7?

The Corvette as it sits is a great car. My real gripe is the lack of supportive seats in a car that is capable of generating g-forces like the Corvette can. All the Honda's I've ever owned have supplied better lateral support than any Corvette seat I've ever been in.

Leon

How about the actual ability to order, I mean ACTUALY order the car the way you want without having to accept a crap load of options you are not interested in just to get the one you really want ! :mad

How about "Just make the C7 VETTE." With all the GM bankruptcy/bailout talk and Hummer, Saab, Saturn offloading and killing off the Pontiac--I say just build it and we will come:chuckle:thumb:rotfl.

I'm within a couple of years of selling my G and picking up say a 2006-08 vette and I would sure be depressed that after waiting many years and passing off many opportunities to buy a vette--choosing practicality and such that once I finally did buy one the thought of the model being discontinued would frankly suck........Holy run on sentence batman:beer

My 2 yr old and 6 yr old are never in my car, ever--so why have backseats.....If any issues come up, we'll work it out.

I would like to see a mid engine V8 with super wide rear fenders so it can't be parked, and Macho rear tires that will cost about $1000 each to replace. Also AWD that no one can repair. Almost forgot, add on a few dozen more computers. Oh BTW try to keep the price below $125K.

I would like to see a mid engine V8 with super wide rear fenders so it can't be parked, and Macho rear tires that will cost about $1000 each to replace. Also AWD that no one can repair. Almost forgot, add on a few dozen more computers. Oh BTW try to keep the price below $125K.

Ya got to love N.J. sarcasm !!!:bowrofl:naughty::finger;worship:boogie;LOL:rotfl

Direct Injection...if not already done on the C6 by then.

Remote Start

Twin Clutch Trans

However, the Gov't may dictate what the car is to be. If it is a little smaller and lighter, with a smaller engine that has similar performance, maybe that will make the Gov't and Corvette happy.

New C7 Wish List

1) Better Seats & Interior #1 priority - Why is the Caddy Nav system so much better than the one in the Vette? - Why? If BMW can sell 3 series with better interiors, why can't we? - Why?

2) Redesigned body (i.e. Stingray) over existing platform which is already fantastic...don't mess with Dave Hill's great work.

3) LS3 tweaked with direct injection, 4-valves per cyl., & better intake and exhaust "breathing." Then supercharge for performance models...ditch the 427.

4) Paint colors exclusive to Corvette to create more exclusivity in the mark...non-metallic only for Z06 please (Red, Black, Yellow, Blue, Grey...okay maybe Silver for the Z). Bring back LeMans Blue.

No time for any mistakes at this point in the game....
Best of luck GM.

:beer

Oh Yeh...One more thing....MADE IN AMERICA!

How about the actual ability to order, I mean ACTUALY order the car the way you want without having to accept a crap load of options you are not interested in just to get the one you really want ! :mad
I agree,no more packages,you can blame that on the universal japanese crap, individual options,thats how you get the rare Vettes,thats the way we use to be able to order cars, choice of rear axle ratios,dash boards, door panels,carpets that match the color of the seats,changing the corvette insignia,side gills every couple of years would be nice,club racer would be cool too,oh yeah, how about lowering the price of the verts,shouldn't be $8000 more than the hardtop, whats with that,coupes use to be more by a few dollars years back

Based on what GM has done in the last 20-30 years, it appears the trend will be towards smaller, lighter, more efficient cars. Where this will end up is everyone's guess.
I'm in contact with someone on the C7 project developement team. They are still looking for comments and input from YOU.
I would think that direct injection would be plausible...

Below is a response I posted last month in relation to an article that was published in a magazine comparing a C6 to a BMW.

I basically don't agree with much of it...especially his stupid comparison to the BMW E46 M3.

Don't get me wrong. I love BMWs and have a 2004 330xi that I love...although 1st and 2nd gear in that manual transmission is completely useless! :eyerole

I have always loved and respected the M3 - especially the new one. However...a Corvette - it is not! I do think the build quality and level of refinement is much higher in the M3, but for all intents and purposes, they are apples and oranges - especially when you start comparing price....and that goes for the E46 M3 back when they were selling new pre-2005.

I love the C6 design - much more so than the C5. I love the lines, and sharp edges and yes, I even like the exposed headlights. However, I do feel that GM needs to become a little more daring with the design.

Case in point - I like what they did with the 2006 Z06 to distinquish it from the base model C6. I like what they did with the ZR1, but I still feel the ZR1 should have been just a little bit more radical in design in order to make it a little more unique from the other models. If you see a ZR1 coming towards you on a highway, you're initial impression is that it's a Z06 because of the NACA duct in the front. It's not until you get just a little closer that you realize it could be a ZR1 because there's a little bulge in the hood.

Slightly redesigned headlights and a unique front grill would have helped.

As for the new Grand Sport, I'm not going to lie....I'm disappointed. To me, it's nothing more than a hardly distinguishable appearance package. It's less unique than the 1996 Grand Sport which I loved.

The Corvette platform needs to have better flexibility in order to offer more choices. Don't get me wrong - GM has come a LONG way in offering more choices to the Corvette customer, but they need to take just a wee bit further.

After reading the reviews in Car and Driver, Motor Trend and Road and Track - all of the journalists agree that the interior is still sub-par and the seats - horrible.

I take a look at similar sports cars on the market and some of them have incredible seats!

If you can offer different color interiors with seats that have colored inserts, you can offer better seats.

The early Z06s and ZR1s, historically have been cars for the track. For the money the customer is paying for the new ones - especially the ZR1 - they should either come standard with upgraded, light weight, seats or be offered as an option.

On the ZR1 - how about an upgraded interior package option with Alcantara surfaces? An Alcantara steering wheel, alcantara seat inserts, etc?

The C6 is an awesome car for the money - but unfortunately, there are brand new Mazdas and Hyundais out on the market right now, for less money with amazing interior quality. The Corvette needs to come up to par and I seriously hope that attention is paid in this area while C7 development is taking place.

Change the exposed headlight design. Move it away from that of a Dodge Viper and give them a little more of a sinister look.

I like the ones on the Sideswipe Stingray Prototype but they are just a bit too radical for my taste.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom