Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! What I really need is a Trailer Hitch for 82CE

V

Vette Gal

Sorry for misleading anyone in my previous post, I guess what I really need is a Trailer Hitch (bolt on, hidden) for a 82 CE. Wrong terminology used, having a blonde day.:L
Anyone out there have one they don't want anymore, Corvette had them at one time, but they are rare. If you can help me out I would appreciate it.
Thanks and Cheers Vette Gal

Sorry for misleading anyone in my previous post, I guess what I really need is a Trailer Hitch (bolt on, hidden) for a 82 CE. Wrong terminology used, having a blonde day.:L
Anyone out there have one they don't want anymore, Corvette had them at one time, but they are rare. If you can help me out I would appreciate it.
Thanks and Cheers Vette Gal
I know exactly what you are talking about!! I ordered my 78 new with factory towing package to tow my new motercycle at the time!!:thumb Draw bar and ball is still in the compartment,I've never used it!!:L

Hitch for 82 CE

There ya go. Junkies got one....money talks !!!

Thanks, but will it fit my car? ummmmmm I wonder?
I am just a gal with absolutely no mechanical no how!

You probably know more then me, what do you think?
I have Monza mufflers on my car so I have to have the
clearance on each side.

Yeah, money talks alright, but only idiots like me would want to pull a teeny little trailer behind a Vette:chuckle

Just a blondie with wild ideas, but you never know unless you ask, right?;shrug
Thanks for your reply
Cheers Vette Gal

I don't anything about them...just that gmjunkie got one. I have seen them before on ebay.

Hitch is Not For Sale!!

Why would I sell the hitch,My car is a original 62,271/1 owner miles 1 of 972 out of 46,776 78's that has the ZN1 trailer towing package!!:thumb
There is more to it than just the removable draw bar and ball stowed in the compartment with the jack!!There are special reinforcement bars and mounting plates in the rear bumper reinforcement,there is a hidden factory wiring harness for the trailer lights,you can install/remove and stow the draw bar in the compartment in less than 5 minutes and nobody even knows it's there!!:thumb
The ZN1 package was only offered (77-81) 3974 out of 231,016 C3 Corvettes with factory towing package!!:thumb
Naw,Sorry it'll be there in another 32 years!!:L :D

attachment.php

PS.You might check with my son in about 40 years,but I'd doubt it would do any good!:L:L:L

Thanks for your reply Junkie

Just thought I would ask, but in 30 more years, I'll probably be 6 feet under:L, however not to fret I am taking my Vette with me....no one else will ever drive her but me. If I go the Vette goes with me!:boogie

Mine is one of 6,500 made, and only 1 of 200 manufactured for export into Canada, so she is pretty special. Have won several trophies with her, as she is totally original, so I know where you are coming from!

But your hitch sounds exactly like the one I want. Hidden, so no one can see that you have a hitch and it would have been perfect.

I see on ebay, they have pretty ugly hitches, that probably don't fit my the way I want it too..... I guess I will just keeping on searching for someone that has no kids to past the car onto.

Here's a thought, do you still have the brochure that the
hitch came with showing the installation, may be it a person could get a copy of that, then perhaps I could get one custom built. Just a thought! You could win you Boy Scout merit badge for helping out an old broad, oh maybe they don't have that kind of badge.;LOL

Once again thanks for answering my email,
perhaps I am being to bold in asking...............but one never knows unless she asks, as Vette people are a special breed of creatures who love their cars, more than
life itself.

Oh woe is me, my dreams of towing a matching 10 ft. Fibreglass trailer are just dreams in the dust.:eyerole

Cheers Vette Gal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom