Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What if... the C7 gets delayed?

just get rid of the Union workers; unions and greed and retirement mediical packages have ruined GM; pride in workmanship no longer exists in a union shop.

Get your head out of the sand! :eyerole

Tom

Once GM gets its cut of the 700 billion dollar con job, things will be fine.

Tom

Oh No!

Not a real good time for GM globally. Here in Australia, Holden has suggested they too may close up shop as GM is their parent company.

I hope GM can be saved, peoples livelyhoods depend on this company staying in business.

Apart from the economic destruction, what about our beloved Corvette?

Us Aussies have been waiting for the Corvette to be sold in the dealerships here in Australia since the C1, so the delay of the C7 still means we have time to catch up as we havent got the last 6 generations here yet! :boogie

Maybe it is time for reflection and for GM to start globalising their fleet.
Make the Corvette Global! :thumb

BMW does it, Toyota does it, Mercedes does it.....why can 't Chev?

Chevrolet makes engines, trans and brakes for our Holden Commodores here in Australia, why can't we have what is sold Stateside?

I just got back from a trip to LA, Vegas, San Fran and I loved the fact that I only saw a few Vettes, C5's and C6's, the occasional C4. This made me think that they must have been special cars as I would see about 20 Mustangs a day....oh no I said the M word.

I think that even though globalising the Vette may save it, they should not compromise on quality. The Vette is quality, value for buck muscle car driving.
The Corvette is a quality sportscar, it should be globally marketed in LHD or RHD.

He, if the Vette was marketed here I would have dropped $55K on it rather than a Chev Captiva with Holden Badging!

Cheers

Tony

wait till congress asked this question

how come GM has a car with 600+ HP and goes 205 MPH but they can't build a car that gets 50 MPG ?

Well he might be 50% right or maybe half wrong .;shrugBut if things go the way they are it won't be an issue .

I don't want to argue the union or no union point of view, BUT, Gm is suffering from a ton of debt. The commitments the company has to the Union, the medical costs to retirees, the job bank and a lot of other things make GM Uncompetitive when compared to say Nissan or Honda who pay the employees a salary of $43.00 an hour, (that's with benefits) as comperared to $73.00 with the UAW. That Debt is not going to go away. The retirees medical costs alone add 1500.00 to every single new vehicle GM builds? I watched the senate hearing and no matter how you spin the bottle the big 3 come up short as far the the cost to manufacture a car or truck. That DEBT isn't going to change and I think the senators listening are looking at a bailout that is going to stem the bankruptcy for a few years, but in the end, the auto industry is going to be back in the situation their in again in five years? I don't see how anything short of a clean break from the UAW is going to change that. No if the UAW gettlefinger is willing to wipe the slate clean and come up with another contract, ( One where the upper level management is paid some kind of salary that is reasonable) The CEO of Toyota makes a shade over a million a year as the head of the largest automaker in the world. Rick Wagoner clocks in a $16.5 million in salary and a yearly bonus of another 15 million! This is BS ! and as Senator Corker said he thinks Chrysler is simply looking to fatten up their coffers to look better to be sold in the near future? I don't think we can let the big 3 auotmakers go out of business, BUT some really BIG changes have to happen to get federal money. Remember, we're spending our childrens and grandchildrens money here. We don't have the billions to lend GM, we as a country have to barrow it from China or other countries. I'm surprised that we're still considered one of the big 8 countries anymore, we're broke as a country.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom