Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is it with Mustang guys?

The one thing I've discoverd during my 46 years of street driving and many passes down the strip and some autocrossing...there will always be a car faster and more manueverable than your car.

The maturity of the Mustang enthusiast, I believe, is on the low end, mentally and chronologicaly. Corvette owners, are typically more mature chronologically and mentally. However, those Mustang enthusiasts are passionate, and you can't take that away from them. Same thing applies to those old codgers driving Lincoln Town Cars. The average age of an owner is 68. When I bought one, my youngest son told me I jumped 15 years in age. Funny kid. I needed a big car. That fit the need. Sooooo--we have to put up with the "yuts" as Vinny would say approaching us at traffic lights and on the highway. Some of those high end Mustangs will beat out a top end Corvette. And, that will be bragging rights for the Stang owner. Such is life. But it doesn't happen often. :beer

I have to agree that overall, the Corvette has the looks, sex appeal, straight line and handling performance at a fair price. Its a thrill every time I'm behind the wheel. Why? Because Corvette's are just plain cool! :cool

Anyone get the Speed Channel? I watch "Pass Time" and I was curious why there is never a Corvette drag racing. Just Novas, Camaros and Mustangs. Wonder why? I thought Vettes were pretty good on the strip.

Because any moron can go fast in a straight line?:chuckle

Reaction time.......Yada Yada Yada...sick of hearing the drag racers talking about how tough is "really is":puke
...I have more respect for the "drifter crowd" who turn and balance a car...more "real world" performance driving....

Corvettes are about HANDLING...Mustangs arent....just look at rational for using the solid rear axle on the new mustangs....they dont CARE if their tires are moving at different speeds in a turn since they for the most part dont LIKE to turn.;shrug

Of course, I WOULD still buy a Mustang...LOVE the new ones!

Not Just Mustangs...

Two days ago I gave the thumbs up to a new Challenger when the car pulled alongside of me. The car looked terrific. However, I could not see the driver because of the excessively dark window tint on all the windows, so I couldn't tell if it was male or female or how many people were in the car.

When the Challenger just edged past me the passenger window zipped down and I could see for a moment a 20 something male passenger. For the next 600 feet, the driver revved his engine, punched it several times, egging me on or at least pounding his chest over his car. The funny thing about this display of testosterone was that it was done in bumper to bumper traffic. :eyerole

Beautiful muscle car though.

true that. the new dodge is one sick ride. they finally got it rt with a new car with old school looks. totally awsome. on the other hand.....the new camaro :puke

Family Fight

It's always nice to try blow the doors off a Mustang. But trying living with me and going to the local shows. The Wife has 01 GT with little improvements and tries to beat me out of the driveway. The is true close road racing.

Stang/Saab/Vette

My kid has my wife's hand-me-down 95' base Saab 900 and he went "shopping" the other night and took out a 94' 5.0 Mustang w auto trans.

He said it was a total joke and that it may have been a bit quicker than the 900 (non turbo), but it was close and didn't handle.

Last night I let him drive my daughters Saab 9-5 with the 2.3 turbo and auto trans; he said it was way quicker than the "pony" .... he was kind of making excuses for the pony car being hampered by the slush box and he need to see that even a slush box can kick some butt.

Today ..... well .... it's been a year since he's driven my dead stock 2000C-5 with the 6 speed ..... but he kept making wrong turns all the way home to prolong the ride. If I had a buck for each ..... "Holy schizzzz dad" ..... that he came out with today on a two hour ride .....

:):):)

I did kind of warn him .... if he saw a yellow and black 6 cylinder Stang with a "funny bunny" on the hood (Shelby Terlinguia) ..... don't get toooooo cocky ..... some of em' bite!

...I did kind of warn him .... if he saw a yellow and black 6 cylinder Stang with a "funny bunny" on the hood (Shelby Terlinguia) ..... don't get toooooo cocky ..... some of em' bite!

Great call! I must have missed this car somewhere. Really neat idea. Reminds me of the old SVOs from the eighties!

13938_blog.jpg

Occasionally I will urge myself to take on a challenge but it doesn't happen very often. The cars that challenge are mostly the Mercedes 500 AMG series. Only had one run-in with a Mustang GT. The Z06 is much faster. That's all I have to say.

I was at a red light the other day(going straight), a new cosmetically hopped up mustang (taking a left turn) came to a side by side stop with me.. I see the driver, and his son, take a look at the c5, and the son pops his head out the passenger window and yells, "Cool Car!" i look over and smirk a little, and I can see his father put his hand on the kids left shoulder to calm him down.. and give him a stern ,"don't do that" look.. lol

I knew it was going to happen!

Here-in lies my situation...Son # 1 wishes he had a muscle car, Son # 2 has a C6 ('07 vintage), Son #3 has an '02 Mustang GT. Dad here, has a Y2K C5. Son #1 just dreams, Son #2 brags he can blow me off, Son # 3 (and my youngest, at that), never challenges me (knows better!).

However, Son #3 will soon retire his GT and will be replacing it with a snake known as a Viper. Son# 2 doesn't know it yet...;LOL;LOL;LOL! Dad smiles :D :chuckle :rotfl !!!

Well, this past Sunday in NE PA was a beautiful day to be on the road. We started out by getting 2 Vettes (Son# 2 & mine) and Son# 3's '04 Viper. Now the Snake is total stock and Son# 2's '07 Vette has a few goodies, BUT, no match for the Snake as evidenced by the taillights as it faded from view...far ahead of the '07. Son# 3's last look at the speedo was just a tad over 145 and climbing strong. Son# 2 was really pi**ed off! Now there is talk of a supercharger...just can't take the loss I guess. Dad and Mom just settled back and watched the action....then at the next pull-over I voiced my concerns of just how dumb that stunt was. Hope it's over!

You think you've got it bad, try driving around with this on the back of your car!

LicensePlateFrame.jpg

;LOL Jason

THAT is funny ! Where did you get it ? Of course there are always exceptions but for the most part the guys around here with the modded Stangs that run strong are pretty cool.

Mustang

The challenges are there from the Mustang owners because they have four seats and they are always trying to be a sportscar. The poor Pony never was developed into the two seater that it should have been. Ford really blew it years ago with the T-bird which should have gone head to head all these years with the Vettes. Then again who was it that took the bail out money?

I'm with Schultz, "I know noth---ing".

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

I have found just the opposite. When I drive my 6 cylinder Mustang, I'm challenged by Corvettes. I've never been challenged by a Mustang when driving my Corvettes. Nor have I been challenged when driving my 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT. It is only when I'm in the six cylinder Mustang.

I'm out cruzin the other day when 4 mexicans roll up in a poopstang,they tell me to spin the tires in sign language,so I do and went flying past they all loved it and smiled,next day a guy in a clapped Dale Earnheart montycarlo starts trying to be the intimadator I looked over at his Amy wine house looking g-friend and yawned-reved my motor once-game over! he slinked away:boogie A good looking vette is blood in the water everyone goes crazy right?WE have all had this happen to us-most of the time I don't pay them no mind and they will go away-mad!;LOL

Fear This!!

I'm a Corvette guy forever. But the Shelby Mustang "Super Snake"
will give any Vette a major ass kicking.
Remo:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom