Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what is stock?

mrmemo

Corvette
1966 silver on silver roadster
I was considering selling my 66 roadster last summer. A potential buyer was checking it out and told me my block #s were most likely restamped because they were not perfectly streight in line. He also said I had a big block rear end. And big block sway bars. Was he trying to work me or could he be right. I have a stock 327/350 and the car appears to me to be completly origional. Is there any body else out there that has a big block rear end and heavy duty sway bars that came from the factory?;shrug

I was considering selling my 66 roadster last summer. A potential buyer was checking it out and told me my block #s were most likely restamped because they were not perfectly streight in line. He also said I had a big block rear end. And big block sway bars. Was he trying to work me or could he be right. I have a stock 327/350 and the car appears to me to be completly origional. Is there any body else out there that has a big block rear end and heavy duty sway bars that came from the factory?;shrug

Sounds like you might have a Real Factory BB car. There are several threads here on the forum about looking for things that say BB. Do a search and see what you can find.

A few other items to look for are... an 80 Lb oil pressure gauge... I high Rev limt tach. Cap Type "U" Joint retainers with bolts on the diff rear yokes. This is what the BB Rear end Vettes had.

If the car was a BB and it is mostly all there less the engine ..then maybe you might want to hold onto it for a future restoration. Could be worth Some $$$$

I'm sure others will chime in here with more info and suggestions.. Good luck with your 66.

:beer

Post a pic of the stamp on the block. Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom