Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what is the best book?

M

mattyg92

what would be the best book for a 63 for restoration?

for example i need to rebuild my park brake, i orderd all the parts, the metal lock tabs with spring, but i need to make sure i have the parts in correctly

thanks!!!;)

Matt
go to the NCRS site NCRS.org and from their online store get the 1963 AIM (assembly manual), the '63 Judging Guide and Techincal Information Manual, and the 1963 Shop manual.
These three books should be at the minimun you have to work on your C2.
On the Judging guide book don't worry if the car is NOM and you never plan on going for NCRS judging as it still has plenty of useful information in there for you.
If you want to get an idea of each of the books, what they really are, etc you can stop over one day and look at my '65 and '78 versions.

Barry

Barry has that covered...AIMs, Judging Manual, Shop Manual, and NCRS offers a CD with past articles, specifically for the restoration of parts for the 63 model, articles written from the Restorer Magazine....EXCELLENT resources that has helped me out during the years. They do contain photos.

If you are restoring a 63, please take note that over 261 parts found on the 63 were only on the 63 and not carried over to the 64. Also note, when buying parts be careful, because many of the parts will not fit the 63. So look at the dates of the item and make sure they are for a 63 only. OH yeah, the parking brakes for the 63 contain parts that are only for the 63.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom