Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is the most powerful C2?

Depends on what you mean, out of the 20 L88s built in 67 there are a couple of hundred left:L or you could build one with a 502 like 67HEAVEN and several others have/or are doing. Poke around in the C2 section and see some of the Cool Projects.
But realistly for a teen a C-4 would make better sense, they are affordable get reasonable gas milage and would be cheaper to insure.

How would an older car be more expensive on insurance then a newer one? For instance, having my 76 is cheaper then say an 88. However, the older the corvette the more the parts tend to cost.

Vette Dawg said:
Well, I would have my own job . . . .
You'll have to have a really good job to afford a C2. The average price is enough to keep most of us out of the market.

-Mac

Ripp 76 said:
How would an older car be more expensive on insurance then a newer one? For instance, having my 76 is cheaper then say an 88. However, the older the corvette the more the parts tend to cost.

Declared Value on a $40,000- $60,000 C2 I would think would be be more then insurance on a C4 or C3. The better gas milage of a C4 would be cheaper to own. The money I save on gas with my C5 is roughly 1/3 the payment on it.

and Vette Dawg asked about the most powerful C2, now I doub't any of the 5 Gran Sports are for sale that leaves the L88 as the next in line to purchase.
Or he can build his own 502 equipped Midyear like several of our members are doing. Either way the insurance for a teen driver will be quite exensive ;LOL

Ripp 76 said:

Refer to the many insurance threads going here and in the other forum.
If a C2 is not your daily driver, insuring it as an antique or with collector insurance is way less expensive to do than with a newer car.
Now, as to the most powerful (assuming stock configuration) you'd almost have to be Donald Trump to afford the 67 L88. The last one I heard of that sold was $655,000.00.
Next in line might be the 67 L89. The last one of those I heard of for sale was $165,000.00.
The 67 427/435 car is still gonna set you back around $100k.
Hope you have a really good job.:D

the original poster is too young to qualify for most any "collector car" rate class, plus it is highly unlikely he has another, assignable to him, daily driver - another typical qualification for the "collector car" rates that are so attractive. He would essentially be insuring a $40K +/- high performance car with no abs, airbags, etc at a sub-25 year old male rate.

But screw the numbers, if you like the 63-67 corvettes, you should get one and enjoy yourself. The crazy cost of insurance didn't stop me from getting the second fastest production motorcycle on the planet when I was younger and in the highest rate class, and living in New York City, to make insurance rate matters even worse. You just have to prioritze your needs, even if it means eating mac and cheese for years on end ;)

I hear that the fastest "normal" (special cars aside L88 L89 etc) C2 is the '66 427/425. Heard the 427/435 tri-power is a little slower but GM was selling more "cool factor" than speed with that set-up in 1967.

Brian

allcoupedup said:
I hear that the fastest "normal" (special cars aside L88 L89 etc) C2 is the '66 427/425. Heard the 427/435 tri-power is a little slower but GM was selling more "cool factor" than speed with that set-up in 1967.

Brian
Vette Dawg, I think this is the straightup answer to your original question.
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom