Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What kind of engine for a 87 vette

duvalboy2458

Corvette
Right now i have a stock 87 vette with the 350 engine. There are no problems with this car. Right now im just gonna keep things all stock until i have problems with the car. Later on when my engine gets bad im thinking of getting a 383 stroker engine like this one: http://www.tandlengines.com/chevy_sb_aluminum_408_a-4.html
This is the best engine i can fiind that has the most horsepower with a good price. Is this a good engine for the car? Btw i just bought the 87 vette and he uses regular gas. should i change it and put premium instead he said it runs fine as it is.

Right now i have a stock 87 vette with the 350 engine. There are no problems with this car. Right now im just gonna keep things all stock until i have problems with the car. Later on when my engine gets bad im thinking of getting a 383 stroker engine like this one: Chevy 408 Stroker_Stroker Engines_Crate Motors_Stroker Kits_NC Custom Stroker Engines-TandLEngine Development Stanfield, NC
This is the best engine i can fiind that has the most horsepower with a good price. Is this a good engine for the car? Btw i just bought the 87 vette and he uses regular gas. should i change it and put premium instead he said it runs fine as it is.

Welcome to the boards there!

Whatever 'he' said, means zero. Unless it's your dad, words mean nothing. They go away when the sound stops. In fact, if you're a enviro-liberal, words mean greenhouse gas production.

Stick with the L98 yup. Mod$ make tuning/trouble$hooting extremely difficult. Engine $$$wap make$ tuning/trouble$hooting extremely difficult.

There's nothing like the hum of a well-tuned L98...

My .02

images

What will you do for an engine management system? Or are you going carburetor?

Like schrade said, mods cost money, but they don't just stop at dropping a new motor in the car.

I have a 383, and kept the MAF system, and I have been tinkering with it for the better part of 3 years now.

If you want some go fast parts, do a search for L98 HP adders. Intake and exhaust is a good place to start!!

Welcome to the forums! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom