Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What Mods Are You Doing to Your C6?

What Mods Have You Done to Your C6?

• None, she’s perfect the way she is

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I’m just getting started, I've got a lot planned

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Easy bolt-ons (CAI, Exhaust…)

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Cosmetic mostly (Window Tint, Black-Out Kit, Wheels and Tires…)

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Hard Core (Lingenfelter, Callaway, Increased Displacement…)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I've got plenty of HP, I'm only doing suspension mods

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

twiget

Corvette
In the market
I know we have a lot of gear-heads out there, and I'm wondering what the mods people are doing to their C6's.

I've had my C6 for almost 2 weeks now, and so far I've done mostly cosmetic stuff. I've removed those pesky chrome GM badges (first thing I did when I got her home), had the windows tinted, and I've got a set of Xenon high beams and fog lights sitting on my computer desk. I also installed a loud switch (NPP bypass switch).

Honestly with the massive amounts of HP and torque avalible from my LS3, I doubt I'll be doing many HP mods. Though I do see a big brake kit in her future.

Jason,

Since this thread seems to be moving rather slow, I voted for my son (who owns a C6). He's planning on long tube headers, x-pipe and Corsa Exhaust to his 08'.

Dennis

I thought the C6 had HID headlites?

Not as good as xenon?

SAVE THE :w

Jason,

Since this thread seems to be moving rather slow, I voted for my son (who owns a C6). He's planning on long tube headers, x-pipe and Corsa Exhaust to his 08'.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. I'm surprised that it is so quiet around here. Guess everyone is out enjoying their 'Vettes. Well, everyone except those of us who live in the Pacific North West. The weather up here is crazy right now. :W
I thought the C6 had HID headlites?

Not as good as xenon?

Only the low beams are Xenon. The high beams and fog lights are not. It irritated me to have 3 different colors of light shining from the front of my car.

I actually installed the bulbs today. Except for the fact that you have to lift the car and remove the front tires to get to the headlights and fog lights, it is not a very difficult swap. Once the tires are off, it is pretty much plug and play.

Jason

I am very surprised to hear that the high beams and the fog lites are not xenon.

GM keeps telling everyone the Corvette is a "World Class Sports Car".

I guess the low price drives some of these decisions.

These are some of the things that I've done since buying the '05. I think I'll leave her alone now...for a while! :D

Elaine

Borla Stingers and chrome exhaust plate
SOQWIK.jpg

Chrome ZO6 Wheels and powder coated calipers
Rotor4.jpg

Daytona Sunset Orange Trim Kit
IMG_0267.jpg

Aluminum Billet Grill
grill.jpg

now with all these wonderful changes does that put you into a modified class?????? :boogie:boogie:boogie

Jason,

Dennis

Dennis, do you know if the x-pipe is compatible with the NPP exhaust? Let me know how your son likes the upgrade.

These are some of the things that I've done since buying the '05. I think I'll leave her alone now...for a while! :D

Elaine

Borla Stingers and chrome exhaust plate
SOQWIK.jpg

Chrome ZO6 Wheels and powder coated calipers
Rotor4.jpg

Daytona Sunset Orange Trim Kit
IMG_0267.jpg

Aluminum Billet Grill
grill.jpg

Very nice Elane. I love DSOM Corvettes. It is a shame Chevy stopped using that color. IMO it's one of the most beautiful colors ever used on a Corvette. I might have a DSOM C6 if they were still in production.

One thing I have noticed is the distinct lack of carbon fiber aftermarket parts. In the European Import scene, you can get just about anything in carbon fiber, from hoods to complete interior trim kits. There are definately different modification priorities between the Corvette crowd and the Imports.

Jason

Only thing I've done is CAGS eliminator and a .250" tunnel plate. My next mod will be an insulation kit for heat/noise. (mostly heat!) I swear every summer, I'll do it, then it gets to fall....:eyerole

Lol, ok you asked and this thread is still hanging around.
Forged 404, ET heads, Comp cam, Morrels, Kooks, relocated coils, GMPP valve covers, JT trim Vortech, Aftercooler, Textrailia OZ700, MGW shifter, Hardened C5 rear, 4.10s, Magnaflow, ZO6 rear fenders, IForged 19/20, (for show not go) KB BAP, Racetronix Fuel Harness, Ok, I'm too bored to continue :beer

Lol, ok you asked and this thread is still hanging around.
Forged 404, ET heads, Comp cam, Morrels, Kooks, relocated coils, GMPP valve covers, JT trim Vortech, Aftercooler, Textrailia OZ700, MGW shifter, Hardened C5 rear, 4.10s, Magnaflow, ZO6 rear fenders, IForged 19/20, (for show not go) KB BAP, Racetronix Fuel Harness, Ok, I'm too bored to continue :beer
Wow, sounds like you've got a heck of a car. Can you post some pics? I'd like to see the wheels. :D

Jason

I've made the following engine mods which net me: 458.7 rwhp at 6450 RPM and 426.6 rwtq at 5825 RPM.

Not much to cosmetics other that Z06 crome wheels.

• FAST LSX™ 92mm Intake Manifold
• Proprietary Grind Camshaft with custom lobe design
• Kook’s SS Long Tube Headers
• Kook’s Crossover Pipe
• CORSA Sport Exhaust
• Callaway Honker Air Induction System

I haven't done any yet. I'm hoping by this weekend to have Borla Stingers with X-pipe installed. After that, a cold air induction unit, when I decide which one to get.

Mild 2 Wild, Lloyd floor mats, splash guards, and a headliner for the transparent roof. :upthumbs

The Vicious Vette

So I don't know if I actually qualify as a gearhead just yet. Was only able to get approximately 350 miles on the Z before I put her to bed so I would like to get a full season out of her before I consider doing anything wild. I got the Mild 2 Wild and skip shift when I bought her. I definitely plan window tint, maybe a black out kit and a sound system revamp. This is one great place for ideas though. Next off-season may be something entirely different.

:thumb

I go back and forth- right now plan no mods- I've done cosmetic mods on my 05 and 08- may just drive this one for a while as is-
2009AtomicOrange001.jpg

I have installed the Callaway Honker CAI and the Corsa Sport Exhaust system. Upgraded the front and rear floor mats to Lloyd along with putting a soft leather cover on my center console. Also installed the CAGS mod and had the windows tinted.

I do have a question about installing the HID fog lamps. Does the increased intensity work for you in a sincere "fog" condition? I was curious about too much reflection. You also mentioned that you replaced your high beams with HID as well. Does this overtax the standard electrical system at all? I would like to do the same thing, but was afraid of the afore mentioned items.

Mud Guards

The roads here in MA are really crapy.Stones, dirt, asphalt, holes terrible. I purchased some mud guards from the GM Accessories store. Gonna try to put them on this weekend. Does anyone have them on their 08 Coupe?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom