Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What motor do I have

E

ET Erv

In my '79 vette, I have a motor code # V04267AH. Does anyone know what this means?

You should be able to find the engine type from the VIN (unless the engine has been changed.

I do know that the engine options included the 180 hp or 210 hp 350 CI in '77 (I looked at enough of them when I was searching for the "Lady in Red", my '89 roadster).

You can go to a website that decodes VIN such as:

http://www.c3vetteregistry.com/login.asp?Logoff=False

or get the "Restoration Kit" from General Motors for absolutly no cost to you but a couple mintues of your time and a little willingness to supply them with some simple information regarding your car.

Call this number:

1-800-222-1020

Be ready to supply the year, make, model and VIN of your car. They take down the information and they mail you out a packet of information that includes specs, option lists, car club listings and a booklet of aftermarket parts manufacturers and distributors.

Check the pad stamp again - the "7" should be a letter, not a number. There should also be an 8- or 9-digit VIN derivative stamped adjacent to it which will show if it's original to the car.

Motor #

JohnZ you are right. The # 7 was actually a"Z". I also noticed there are a set of numbers(smaller) under the code # and the last 7 numbers match the last 7 numbers of the vin. I hope this means I have the original motor. If thats true, my rebuild investment will mean more.

Thanks

Thanks

Cigarman.thanks for your welcome and advise on my motor. Excuse me if I screw up the delivery of this. I'm not sure how to reply individually.

Thanks again

Re: Motor #

ET Erv said:
JohnZ you are right. The # 7 was actually a"Z". I also noticed there are a set of numbers(smaller) under the code # and the last 7 numbers match the last 7 numbers of the vin. I hope this means I have the original motor. If thats true, my rebuild investment will mean more.

Thanks

That ZAH would indicate a 350ci, 195hp, with automatic trans. The other number should match the VIN, so more then likely (other then a restamp) you should have the original engine.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom